Coalfield @ Clay County

OldTownRoad

13 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

Clay County needs to win this game just by 1+ to have a shot against McKenzie or MASE. Every game is unique and you can't get to Chattanooga without winning on Black Friday. Either team playing in Chattanooga has a shot to win. I promise you that the Dawgs will believe they can win both this week and next weekend and don't have to blow out Coalfield to measure up to McKenzie or MASE. The Dawgs have great respect for Coalfield and are only focused on beating them right now. 

I know one thing, Cf will have their hands full tomorrow night from what I've seen of  Clay!  Good looking ballplayers all over the field, including up front.  Cf would have to play their best game of the season and our track record isn't  good in the semis.  We are 1-5 all time in the semis.  I just hope they will be ready.  

10 hours ago, team69 said:

If clay beats Coalfield the definitely have a shot. I think a lot of people haven't seen Clay play. McKenzie ain't Alcoa.

I’ve saw them 3 times. They’re legit but not invincible. I’ve saw 4 coalfield games. I don’t see this one as a runaway either side. I think clay pulls the win but I sure wouldn’t lay money either way. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yeah,this site used to be banging when the Semis rolled around.Such a great privilege to be playing the 4th round.Seems like alot just dont post about it anymore. Us folks that didn't make it like to read about you folks that did LOL.I loved this week when we got to play it.Not many get to and why not have some fun with it.You dont have a chance if you are sitting at home,never know what can happen!Good luck to both.

Not to long ago this thread would have been 100 pages by know and so would the York/Tyner one. Oh well, dinosaurs I reckon. 

16 hours ago, Boarhog said:

Yeah, nice that it’ll be covered there but it’s a shame that shuts down local streaming groups that have gladly paid the $750 fee to live stream the prior three rounds.  

That's a shame. I was looking forward to watching the stream on Dale Hollow Horizon, and I refuse to give money to nfhs.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:12 PM, Pirate2003 said:

You should win by a lot more than 35-14.  Dogs need to be able to win this game by 49 or more to have any shot in title game against a loaded team. 

Tell me why the margin needs to be that large?  To embarrass the kids on the other side?  To rub it in the noses of the coaches?  If the discrepancy in talent is that noticeable then I’m sure the coaches from Clay will take the opportunity to get the younger players some experience and Coach them up to continue building a program.  That would make more sense to me than seeing if you could drop 50-60 on a team. I promise you if you coach long enough you’ll end up on the other side of that beat down one day. You will reap what you sow…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Tell me why the margin needs to be that large?  To embarrass the kids on the other side?  To rub it in the noses of the coaches?  If the discrepancy in talent is that noticeable then I’m sure the coaches from Clay will take the opportunity to get the younger players some experience and Coach them up to continue building a program.  That would make more sense to me than seeing if you could drop 50-60 on a team. I promise you if you coach long enough you’ll end up on the other side of that beat down one day. You will reap what you sow…

I agree if the talent level is so disproportionate a coach should jump at the opportunity to play younger guys to gain game experience and maturity of dealing with the situation. As for the beat down just remember one day your up and one day your down and folks remember and seek revenge.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

We’re not speaking about doing it to intentionally run it up.  Just speaking in general that this game should be out of hand in a hurry and not end up a close game. I’m just going on scores but after seeing what Clay did to Gordonsville I’d say they should win this game by 40 or more. 

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

That's a shame. I was looking forward to watching the stream on Dale Hollow Horizon, and I refuse to give money to nfhs.

We’ll definitely still have live audio Croz but negatory on the video.  Hope your daughter is feeling better.  A ton of sickness going around.