Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

I couldn’t believe they were in no hurry.  

I try hard not to question a coach, especially a coach that has made it to the championship game, but I was extremely surprised that weren’t in a “hurry up.”   They weren’t going to get the ball back enough to catch up without scoring EXTREMELY quickly

Edited by TheCommissioner

First off congratulations to McKenzie on the gold ball much deserved. We're now the only team in Carroll County without a gold ball ouch. Back to the game. What's up with McKenzie getting up 14-0 and just relaxing? SP last year, Fayetteville this and now Clay Co. It's a strange pattern to say the least. Clay did fight back but this game should've been a way larger margin imo. Just feel like Fayetteville would've put them out by 50. But that doesn't matter because McKenzie is state champs and the kids deserved it. Enjoy it Rebel fans

19 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Wrong. Not sure what you’re smoking but whatever it is put it down. He never had control not for one step. I’ve watched it and watched it. It’s an incomplete pass.  The guy in the booth calling the game reiterated the fact it was not a touchdown. It would have been Clay County ball at midfield. Not saying they would have done anything with it but they would have at least had a shot. Unfortunately incompetence on the field with stripes on makes an idiotic call that takes away from the contest. 

No they wouldn't have had a shot regardless. no TO with a little over a minute still needed 2 td

2 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I try hard not to question a coach, especially a coach that has made it to the championship game, but I was extremely surprised that weren’t in a “hurry up.”   They weren’t going to get the ball back enough to catch up without scoring EXTREMELY quickly

It seemed as if they were just trying to keep the score close or something. I didn’t understand the lack of urgency at all