Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

10 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Little buddy what in tarnation causes choking in Carol county? If that comer man had to coach at all today they would have lost.  You think im joking but im not.

Do you know Roy at the end of the day I’m happy for McKenzie. They’re a great group of people over there. Much different than Mustanks

McKenzie deserved to win the game. Great team well coached and some very good athletes. Well deserved state championship. Clay County showed that they belonged in the game.  The actual score was 27-14 and Clay had several opportunities to score points but McKenzie made the plays on defense. So once again congratulations on the gold ball. Congratulations to Clay County as well. Several young men on this team have won a state championship in basketball and now a silver in football.  Nothing to be ashamed of. Some of you predicted a running clock by the second half. I’d like for those idiots to get on here and admit Clay County was better than they thought. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kyle1990 said:

i agree. he definitely held it long enough to "make a football move"

Wrong. Not sure what you’re smoking but whatever it is put it down. He never had control not for one step. I’ve watched it and watched it. It’s an incomplete pass.  The guy in the booth calling the game reiterated the fact it was not a touchdown. It would have been Clay County ball at midfield. Not saying they would have done anything with it but they would have at least had a shot. Unfortunately incompetence on the field with stripes on makes an idiotic call that takes away from the contest. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, Rocketboy21 said:

I agree with the coaching. I watched them play twice last year and wasn’t very impressed with the coaches. McKenzie definitely has a fall off after this year. 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I myself can’t believe McKenzie beat City after watching this game, but they did!

What does this say about City's coaching?

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

What does this say about City's coaching?

City’s coaching isn’t terrible. They’re just very bland on offense. It’s boring to watch. Defensive wise they’re decent at coaching. 
that being said I’ve never seen city make a halftime adjustment so it’s pretty up in the air. If they still had their old HC I’d definitely say it’s better than McKenzies 

1 minute ago, Rocketboy21 said:

City’s coaching isn’t terrible. They’re just very bland on offense. It’s boring to watch. Defensive wise they’re decent at coaching. 
that being said I’ve never seen city make a halftime adjustment so it’s pretty up in the air. If they still had their old HC I’d definitely say it’s better than McKenzies 

Comer is the one of the longest tenure coaches in the state. Can’t imagine he will coach much longer. If he retired tomorrow he would have 3 silver balls and 1 gold ball. That is better than 99% of the coaches that will ever walk the sideline. Much respect for what he has accomplished in his coaching career. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Comer is the one of the longest tenure coaches in the state. Can’t imagine he will coach much longer. If he retired tomorrow he would have 3 silver balls and 1 gold ball. That is better than 99% of the coaches that will ever walk the sideline. Much respect for what he has accomplished in his coaching career. 

IMHO he will wound up in TN HS HOF with those accomplishments