Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

35 minutes ago, sportman said:

Congratulations to both schools. You made it the final prize. Win or lose you all did something that the other several teams in class 1 a couldn't do and that is get to the final game and contend for a championship. I've been on both sides of winning it all and losing it, lot's of emotions that will be played in your minds for a long time. Enjoy this time because you might not ever get back again. Nothing is promised. From this Army veteran I salute both teams. 

Thank you  for your service! Hope the young men on both of these teams win or lose enjoys this experience. Pray for no injuries and that players, coaches  and fans alike  display good sportsmanship! GO REBELS!!! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU NO MATTER WHAT

8 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

His time will be short lived on the T anyway. He dropped a four letter on the AC a potential threat to Greeneville thread on the 3 and 4 A board

Who are you referring to stray kitten. I know it’s not me. I’d never use such verbiage online. And I’d be the first to tell the teacher. Seriously a 4 letter word. I’m appalled. 

6 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Parking isn’t terrible. Expect to pay $10 wherever you park though. 

I would highly recommend parking at the south lot.  last year I parked in the large north lot and it was insane getting out.  like grains of sand going through an hour glass.  this year we went to the south lot and actually parked for free on the street past the dog kennel but there were 2 pay lots on the right and left as you go in which looked much better.  it was super easy to get out as well.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, RedRebelman said:

You haven't seen McKenzie's backup QB in #14 T. Surber. In my opinion he's the best backup in 1A, as a Freshman he could've started for any HS around. However he didn't start at Qb 1, but as Outside LB and is an All State candidate this year as a Sophomore at that position. He will get his reps as Qb1 as a Jr, and Sr. & could quite possibly be Mckenzie's next Mr. Football candidate from 1A. You heard it hear first. Feel free to ask any other posters from this area!

Maybe most proven backup would have been better way of putting it. I'm sure Surber is likely a talented future qb for the Rebels. However, how many current backup QBs in 1A have their school's single season record for passing yards? Nonetheless, it certainly proves that both teams have championship level talent (as injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and hurt 1A teams the most, both teams have been able to fight through them), and should make for a great game tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

I'm talking about real offers. I know he claims an offer from UT, but they would not accept a commitment from him. Does he have a legit offer from Ken Tuck?

It is sad how a lot of recruiting works in football. Not speaking on this case in particular, but there definitely should not be a case where a school "offers" a kid and the kid cannot commit based on that. That's about as bad as the airlines overselling the seats. If you can't take a certain kid at the moment, just tell the kid his interest is appreciated at the moment, but there is not a spot available at the moment.

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

It is sad how a lot of recruiting works in football. Not speaking on this case in particular, but there definitely should not be a case where a school "offers" a kid and the kid cannot commit based on that. That's about as bad as the airlines overselling the seats. If you can't take a certain kid at the moment, just tell the kid his interest is appreciated at the moment, but there is not a spot available at the moment.

Can someone just list the “actual offers” he has? Obviously it’s not a lot of power 5 teams. But what is his Top Offer. Maybe Wake Forest or South Alabama. He’s a great athlete and i wish him all the best at the next level regardless of where he goes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Can someone just list the “actual offers” he has? Obviously it’s not a lot of power 5 teams. But what is his Top Offer. Maybe Wake Forest or South Alabama. He’s a great athlete and i wish him all the best at the next level regardless of where he goes. 

Buffalo and Kansas are the only ones to offer him this calendar year it looks like from an unapproved site. Who knows who will be there tomorrow watching if he shows out on the biggest stage. I think being in 1a has hurt him and Cassidy both, but they will both find a place they fit even if it is a smaller division school. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Buffalo and Kansas are the only ones to offer him this calendar year it looks like from an unapproved site. Who knows who will be there tomorrow watching if he shows out on the biggest stage. I think being in 1a has hurt him and Cassidy both, but they will both find a place they fit even if it is a smaller division school. 

Thanks brother