Riverside Vs Tyner for the shiny gold ball.

RHSPanther15

10 hours ago, Waker said:

Well actually the TSSAA thought they would make it easier for S Pitt to play a home game. Tyner having a good team just made it sweeter. They don’t even try to hide the East bias. 

yep thats it.....outta all the educatin facilities in the state.....move the the Gold Ball Contest to Chattanooga so it be close to South Kimbrell and and that clan of Pirates...

...Waker believin thats exactly why T$$AA and the BoC took the Chattanooga bid

Booger just sayin :roflol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

The announcers are not payed by NFHS. NFHS just streams what feed that the TSSAA provides. While it is a couple different announcers most of the guys have been doing the championship games on TV for years even before NFHS was involved with TSSAA 

you are not  correct but that's ok.. The NFHS IS the production company 

16 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Great game Panthers. Man, don’t be surprised if this team is back next year. It was a hard fought game on both sides. Either team could have won. The border line calls did not determine this game, the teams did. Blaming the refs is an argument that nobody can win.

You had a West where Waverly, UC, Huntingdon, Peabody, Westview and more were either down, or in a different classification. You don't get a bunch of chances unless you are one of those who fields elite teams year in year out. Riverside is a mostly top 8p maybe top 4 team. This was their year. 

Frost, for all the acclaim, made the worst 2 pt call I have ever seen and I've watched Eli Stephenson for 5 seasons. The pass was completed 5 years from the end zone and the slower Riverside kid was supposed to out finesse the entire defense.  Meanwhile the power run was successful all day. Tyner was slowing down and he played right into their hands. Just makes you sick and I'm not even a Riverside fan. 

14 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

The best announcer for these games are Titans Mike Keith, but I don’t understand why they can’t give a call to the college announcers.. this is your big weekend for the sports. I’d at least try to make the presentation the best quality I could 

mike keith sounded drugged on the 5A game. and hes not that good to begin with 

16 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

This simply isn’t true. I’ve seen a lot of talk on Facebook about why the championship games are never played in West Tn. It was only 2 cities that bid to have the games in their city. Any west Tn city with the facility’s that are required (not many in west Tn) could have bid. 

UT Martin and Maybe Bethel could bid  if they choose I believe. Memphis for sure but that aint never gonna happen. 

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

You had a West where Waverly, UC, Huntingdon, Peabody, Westview and more were either down, or in a different classification. You don't get a bunch of chances unless you are one of those who fields elite teams year in year out. Riverside is a mostly top 8p maybe top 4 team. This was their year. 

Frost, for all the acclaim, made the worst 2 pt call I have ever seen and I've watched Eli Stephenson for 5 seasons. The pass was completed 5 years from the end zone and the slower Riverside kid was supposed to out finesse the entire defense.  Meanwhile the power run was successful all day. Tyner was slowing down and he played right into their hands. Just makes you sick and I'm not even a Riverside fan. 

I know that your famous response of me being new to coacht and not making many post are going to come from you for disagreeing with your post, but I have been reading what you write for a couple of years and I simply cannot refrain from your last few post. 

You were on the Riverside train until they lost. I also believe you should try coaching as a profession. To hear you talk you would be the next Nick Saban of high school football. Not to mention: announcing, officiating, etc.. It is easy to sit back behind your computer screen and say what should have or could  have happened. Put yourself in the situation of trying to call a 2 pt play to stay alive in a state championship game. It’s much easier behind that keyboard there General.  To see what the Riverside coaching staff has done to the program at Riverside I don’t see how you could say one negative word. 

30 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

UT Martin would be the more ideal stadium down in West TN. Bethel would be a train wreck. Only have one sided stands in the stadium 

No way Bethel would be a contender. The stadium is too small, parking would be a nightmare, the internet to the press box is suspect at best, and the facilities are just not anywhere near enough. Not near enough decent restaurants or hotels. 

The stadium at UT Matin would be better suited to host as far as size of facility. Media space might be a tad tight but could work. I don't know about the locker room facility but I suspect it's small. Working against UT Martin would be lack of hotel rooms and enough decent restaurants 

Edited by ReitzFan