Riverside Vs Tyner for the shiny gold ball.

RHSPanther15

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

I thought the pass interference against Riverside was weak. 

Yeah it was. I get it they make bad calls every now and then but this play happened right in front of me near the sideline. No contact what so ever. Yes he face guarded which is legal in high school. Side judge even said it who was right there but back judge called it. Terrible call on a huge down 

9 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Keep it closer was we watching the same game ? 

Amazing how the facts are what they are, yet folks have a different opinion. Some think Riverside played the game of their lives to keep the score close, and some of us think Tyner escaped. Good job by both teams. If the refs aren't embarrassed themselves, I'm embarrassed for them. They blew calls both ways that weren't tough calls... at least two of the PI's were atrocious.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Riverside80 said:

Riverside had to dress on the sidelines and had done warmed up before we could even get into the locker room that is ridiculous.

sounds like Decatursville needs to win the bid on the next cycle of Gold Ball contest so they can do that stuff right

Booger just sayin :thumb:

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Amazing how the facts are what they are, yet folks have a different opinion. Some think Riverside played the game of their lives to keep the score close, and some of us think Tyner escaped. Good job by both teams. If the refs aren't embarrassed themselves, I'm embarrassed for them. They blew calls both ways that weren't tough calls... at least two of the PI's were atrocious.

especially if your on T and dealin with boot posers....

there for sure have been a few jacked up calls...but those calls in this game wernt near as atrcious as the 2 Baylor MBA calls

Booger just sayin ;)

42 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Was at a Christmas party with Friends from Parsons,Medina(South Gibson) and Milan every last one of us said why throw it short? No one WR should have even ran a short pattern. Throw it to the end zone.  Was  a good game.

I hate to second guess coaches that have gotten this far.  They know their personnel far better than I do. Obviously the game has changed from when I was in school also, but I still think you throw it in the end zone like the first 2 pt.  Make the D knock it down or get a penalty. It was a tremendous game

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1

- This was a terrible game.  Sloppy with both sides missing multiple opportunities to take control.  

- Riverside came out so crisp then just sleep walked thru the middle of the game. 

- Tyner made some plays as predicted but there was no clear cut better team.  Riverside exposed them numerous times 

Refs bailed both teams out of terrible situations.   The ineligible man downfield that negated the touchdown was one of the worst calls you will ever see.  Riverside sold the fake brilliantly and some old guy with an IQ of 75 decided to make the game about him on a silly irrelevant flag.  

A good game in terms of the winner being in doubt- well it was until 40 seconds to go....but ram train or whatever.  The Anderson Co game was far better.  

So a magnet school got a home game and beat a team from a different time zone who was apparently unable to have any semblance of a routine.  Go team go.   

The TSSAA continues to crap on the players they are supposed to serve.  Murphy Fair is a cartoonish idiot.  And the announcers were obnoxious at best.   

Otherwise- great weekend. 

1 hour ago, YBsostupid said:

He didn't have to come out and say it.  Regardless of which west TN team is playing every questionable call against westTN is a good call and every call against the other team is a bad call.  When the team a westTN team is playing commits pass interference, regardless of how incredibly flagrant it was, if the refs do not call it then during the replay he's as quite as a mouse.  Won't say nothing.  That gober did the same thing last year.  His biased is so clear and so one sided that the delicate looking little thing should not be announcing the games.

Which announcer?

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

- This was a terrible game.  Sloppy with both sides missing multiple opportunities to take control.  

- Riverside came out so crisp then just sleep walked thru the middle of the game. 

- Tyner made some plays as predicted but there was no clear cut better team.  Riverside exposed them numerous times 

Refs bailed both teams out of terrible situations.   The ineligible man downfield that negated the touchdown was one of the worst calls you will ever see.  Riverside sold the fake brilliantly and some old guy with an IQ of 75 decided to make the game about him on a silly irrelevant flag.  

A good game in terms of the winner being in doubt- well it was until 40 seconds to go....but ram train or whatever.  The Anderson Co game was far better.  

So a magnet school got a home game and beat a team from a different time zone who was apparently unable to have any semblance of a routine.  Go team go.   

The TSSAA continues to crap on the players they are supposed to serve.  Murphy Fair is a cartoonish idiot.  And the announcers were obnoxious at best.   

Otherwise- great weekend. 

Salty much

• Like 1