Knox Catholic Inv Preview

WrestlingGod

Random thoughts in no particular order.

Littles looked good for PF.

Lucas Kendal did good even though he's wrestling up a weight class at 182

Bradley kids are hammers, as always.

Lowery from Greeneville absolutely wore Hubbs out at 195 and will meet Medina in the finals.  

Clinton is getting better. They don't have a full line up though.  

Really close tough match at 182 between the Bradley kid and James Robertson.  

Father Ryan and Lakeway are full of hammers.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:25 AM, oceansize42 said:

Hopefully we see some Reep vs Smalling (SH) vs Titus Norman (DB) vs Dupill (GV) at some point just for bragging rights.  All four sitting at 120 and 126, of course Norman and Smalling are freshman.

Just come to club practice.  You can see most of the matches most days. 

Ocean, 

Don't know but wanted to see it.  Had to leave cause we were done and wife and son were hangry after sitting in the gym all day.  I had said earlier that I thought he (Lowery) looked good at the Bearden preseason. Medina looks bigger and stronger than last year.  

I thought the 195 and 182 classes brackets were fun to watch.  There were about 6 kids in each bracket that were tough and a couple more that are on the edge. 

On another note,  the younger Finstad kid looked sharp at 113  for Gibbs. Him and the Stone Memorial kid had one of the best matches I saw, really good wrestling.  Crowd into it. 

20 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Lowery from Greeneville absolutely wore Hubbs out at 195 and will meet Medina in the finals.  

I live in middle TN so only know about Greeneville and LC from the east.  Pigeon Forge really impressed me since I knew very little about them.  

on a separate note- conditioning really showed for the football players…especially the big boys.  I thought one kid was hurt but he was just exhausted from his match.  I am also used to seeing most weight classes having to cut, but the HWTs still shocks me.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:51 PM, TotallynotLEO said:

Top 4 teams

1. Father Ryan looked dominant. Full lineup except 195. Looks like Roark was missing. Tran at 106 will be hard to beat. Hammers throughout the lineup. 

2. Bradley is very solid from top to bottom. Looks like they had a full lineup with the ability to bump and move a few if needed.  

3. Lakeway only brought 9 but those 9 were all studs. They were also missing a stud in Eversole. Not sure of the others missing

4. Pigeon Forge finished 4th with only 8 weights. Didn’t have any light weights.