What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

24 minutes ago, cbg said:

IMO, if I were a junior I would return to Lipscomb and finish my career.  If I am currently a freshmen or sophomore I would entertain what other schools had to say until I know who the next head coach will be.  With TD gone to UAB you currently don’t have anyone on the Lipscomb staff that has the clout or connections to pick the phone up and help a player get recruited to the various schools.  The longer that this search continues without a head coach being named the more uncertainty and rumors will be circulating. If Mrs. Candice McQueen has decided to go Old School Lipscomb and hire a current member of the CofC this search could linger on into the Spring.  I personally feel that Lipscomb having a great team has been good for Tennessee football but for whatever reason there is something holding up the process of hiring a new football coach.  

Hasn’t been that long and there is no rush in high school.  Agreed in principle with Witten and his son got cold feet about moving to Tennessee….giving him a little extra time to make sure his “no” is final.  

58 minutes ago, Flea21 said:

Hasn’t been that long and there is no rush in high school.  Agreed in principle with Witten and his son got cold feet about moving to Tennessee….giving him a little extra time to make sure his “no” is final.  

Let’s be completely honest with each other; if someone (JW) tells you “NO” you move on because the last thing that is good for anyone is to force a relationship.  If you don’t have chemistry from the very beginning you are looking at a train wreck down the road.  Another issue if we are being honest is that at this time Lipscomb does not have another “knock it out of the park” candidate that even remotely wants the job.  The rules have changed since TD was hired and I am wondering if the search committee fully understands what the rules will be moving forward.  

3 hours ago, cbg said:

Let’s be completely honest with each other; if someone (JW) tells you “NO” you move on because the last thing that is good for anyone is to force a relationship.  If you don’t have chemistry from the very beginning you are looking at a train wreck down the road.  Another issue if we are being honest is that at this time Lipscomb does not have another “knock it out of the park” candidate that even remotely wants the job.  The rules have changed since TD was hired and I am wondering if the search committee fully understands what the rules will be moving forward.  

I don't think LA will the same after TD ever again. I personally liked David Lipscomb when Coach Glenn McCadams  was coaching there, classy program. Classy was never used to describe LA past years with TD.

Edited by fb247
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I don't think LA will the same after TD ever again. I personally liked David Lipscomb when Coach Glenn McCadams  was coaching there, classy program. Classy was never used to describe LA past years with TD.

We agree 100%.  Like I have said multiple times the rules have changed since Randy Lowery was in charge and agreed to the hiring of TD.  With Candice McQueen being in charge and the people on Hillsboro Road being in control of the checkbook it will not be business as usual.  The lifers are back in charge at Lipscomb and make no mistake that things are going to change. 

On 12/30/2022 at 8:07 AM, theawesomebro said:

if you are talking about me, i'm around but just don't have any info. 

clearly some people are anticipating a downfall and loving it, you included I guess.  maybe LA will suffer, maybe not.  it's yet to be seen and until we know more what more is there to say?  

happy holidays!

no need for thebroisawesome to self indulge all those titles....thebroisawesome never were givin those credits by Booger....and Booger is betting bank on a sum kinda downfall....but by no means not lovin it.....

...dont wish that even on the CoC....Booger nose exactly how a gut punch that can be

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 12/30/2022 at 8:38 AM, cbg said:

I have not heard any rumors regarding Lipscomb trying to retract their request to move up to play in D2AAA but I can see how that would take place.  Is your statement true or just another rumor as several are floating around?  Strictly a hunch but you will see a mass exodus of Lipscomb football players at the end of the school year and a few may not return after the Christmas Holidays. With TD gone it will not be business as usual and is not what those athletes and their families  agreed to before enrolling.  

not sure exactly the truth...but sources of Booger around the panic are decent....not sure what a mass exodus means...but agree with cbg that some are goin to happen....and thats not helpful to the move to the blueblood class....

...was really excited to see some of the contest before the train jumped the traks

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

cant see chattanooga as a next home...tho the boardin drive in the bluebloods of chattanooga has takin off to another planet

Booger just sayin ;)

I have always said that if Baylor and McCallie want to get serious about athletics, all of the other teams in Tennessee are in big trouble.  With that being said it is my understanding that the TSSAA member schools voted unanimously for the following:

1.  Any transfer to a boarding school after an athletic record has been established would require the athlete to sit out one full season.

2.  A boarding school may not have more that one player on the team at a time that was required to sit out one full season.

It’s my understanding that the Board of Control voted these proposals down even after the member schools approved them by over 80%.  My question is if it’s time for the other D2 schools to flex their muscle and either leave the TSSAA or demand total control over the D2 schools without going to the Board of Control for approval?

15 hours ago, cbg said:

I have always said that if Baylor and McCallie want to get serious about athletics, all of the other teams in Tennessee are in big trouble.  With that being said it is my understanding that the TSSAA member schools voted unanimously for the following:

1.  Any transfer to a boarding school after an athletic record has been established would require the athlete to sit out one full season.

2.  A boarding school may not have more that one player on the team at a time that was required to sit out one full season.

It’s my understanding that the Board of Control voted these proposals down even after the member schools approved them by over 80%.  My question is if it’s time for the other D2 schools to flex their muscle and either leave the TSSAA or demand total control over the D2 schools without going to the Board of Control for approval?

wait til sum of these NIL collectives bein put in place get smoothed out

Booger just sayin :shock:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

wait til sum of these NIL collectives bein put in place get smoothed out

Booger just sayin :shock:

The question is why would the Board of Control oppose something and vote against something that the member schools unanimously voted with of over 80% to change the rule?  If the Board of Control knows something that the member schools have not been told they need to come clean.

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2023 at 3:23 PM, cbg said:

We agree 100%.  Like I have said multiple times the rules have changed since Randy Lowery was in charge and agreed to the hiring of TD.  With Candice McQueen being in charge and the people on Hillsboro Road being in control of the checkbook it will not be business as usual.  The lifers are back in charge at Lipscomb and make no mistake that things are going to change. 

Candice may change some things but this I know to be true.....there is more money and excitement flowing into the academy football program than at the entire university, and it's not from the Lipscomb lifers. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TTate said:

Candice may change some things but this I know to be true.....there is more money and excitement flowing into the academy football program than at the entire university, and it's not from the Lipscomb lifers. 

People don't see the bigger picture...no way that one guy (Lowery) made the "decision" to go all in and change the culture by throwing cash around and hiring Dilfer on his own, and no way that McQueen stands in the way of continuing what has already been proven to work, unless the brain trust allows it. It's pretty evident what the target was when things were set in motion, and they 100% achieved it... now the only question is if they just wanted to see the view from the top, or if they want to stay there.

• Upvote 1