What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

It's not a surprised to me. New conference for UAB, fairly new stadium. UAB is a good football team that can win the American next season, and if they do, they can potentially be in a New Year 6 bowl game. Bill Clark did an outstanding job being a head coach for the Blazers. Passing the torch over to Trent will only make this team better.

He's earned the right! That's for sure.

45 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Terrible timing too with them moving up to AAA. But Dilfer has laid a good foundation for success. This hire will obviously be really important for the future of the program 

I wonder if the decision to move-up was made knowing Trent was leaving?  Doubtful.

1 hour ago, JRB said:

I wonder if the decision to move-up was made knowing Trent was leaving?  Doubtful.

I was told about the move over a year ago so I don't think so.  

if this is true, it will be interesting.  I think the DC would be a great hire.  depends on who leaves and who stays.  for the sake of the players, many of whom I know well, I hope things don't fall apart.  they are good kids.

1 hour ago, volwalker23 said:

Terrible timing too with them moving up to AAA. But Dilfer has laid a good foundation for success. This hire will obviously be really important for the future of the program 

let ole Booger educate volwalker23 on what that foundation of success means in D2 sports...specially FB...and specially that D2-3 blueblood class that CoG Academy just decided it wanted to jump up and get sum of......nothin

....without that same kind of personality at the helm....and without them jimmys and joes thats Trent been bringin into Duncan Wood....its back to YOUGLY again......

....you and thebroisawesome better be for yankin out some Ben Franklins to toss in that hat that will be passed around tomorrow at Finley and in that Green Hills sanctuary Sunday........so yall can keep Dilfer.....least until that AD and her bosses can get another petition to get back down in that middle division submitted...

Booger just sayin ;)

7 minutes ago, Booger said:

let ole Booger educate volwalker23 on what that foundation of success means in D2 sports...specially FB...and specially that D2-3 blueblood class that CoG Academy just decided it wanted to jump up and get sum of......nothin

....without that same kind of personality at the helm....and without them jimmys and joes thats Trent been bringin into Duncan Wood....its back to YOUGLY again......

....you and thebroisawesome better be for yankin out some Ben Franklins to toss in that hat that will be passed around tomorrow at Finley and in that Green Hills sanctuary Sunday........so yall can keep Dilfer.....least until that AD and her bosses can get another petition to get back down in that middle division submitted...

Booger just sayin ;)

Great points, that's why I'm saying things can change in a hurry if they don't get this hire right. And I'm not a Lipscomb fan btw  :thumb:

Coach Dilfer transformed the culture in a short period of time (relatively speaking).  He brought players in from around the country. He excited the fan base. He participated in some significant facility enhancements.  I am sure that there are some younger players in the program and school that he attracted, and so they should be fine for a year or 2, but if they don't find a similar "football magnet" the program will suffer.  He didn't "build from within" and so the pipeline is probably short.  Additionally, IF any families or players came solely to LA b/c of him, they are just as likely to move on.  But the school knew this was always a possibility and so I would assume they had a succession plan in place.  What will be hard is if he takes staff with him.  

And just when we thought the Lane Kiffin to Auburn news was dying down lol.

34 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

I was told about the move over a year ago so I don't think so.  

if this is true, it will be interesting.  I think the DC would be a great hire.  depends on who leaves and who stays.  for the sake of the players, many of whom I know well, I hope things don't fall apart.  they are good kids.

He's taking the DC with him....Coach Sione would have been a great replacement.  Funny thing is....he's not really a defensive guy.  He's an offensive/QB wizard that Trent knew from Elite 11.  Wouldn't be surprised if he is Trent's QB coach at UAB......Hope that Coach Williams (OL coach) or Jaime Graham stay on in some capacity.  I would call Phil Dawson to gauge interest as well

1 minute ago, QuickStrike said:

Glad to see Lipscomb heading back down to reality quickly. 

I don't think it will be a quick fall.....too much talent on the roster that is local.  They still will have Beasley (CB), Spillman (LB), Jimcoly (CB), Gooden (G), Adair (C), 2 rbs.  They are all high D1 recruits that live here and won't transfer.  The concern would be the 8th graders on down.  There are a couple of kids that moved in from out of town but not nearly as many is being talked about....maybe 2 or 3 at most.