What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

6 minutes ago, JRB said:

I’m mainly joking. A former LA baseball player played summer ball with my youngest. The kid got injured so I told his dad I’d say a prayer. The dad said, “thanks even though it doesn’t count”. He too was joking ;) 

whew.  good.  some of us made a mess when we were younger and still feel bad about it.  :roflolk:

3 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

not the CoC I am around.  we have a lot in common.  we might need a new board for this one.  : )

Just rolled into @Booger’s town for the game tomorrow…

I’m not surprised and I really thought it was going to happen last year, but I do feel bad for the good parents like you that have to be bummed with the news. I’m not sure why he chose yesterday to resign over after tomorrow’s game. Maybe it got leaked and he had to get in front of it all. 

Will you be at the game? I’m up for a meetup with any CoachT folk if you want. 

6 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Just rolled into @Booger’s town for the game tomorrow…

I’m not surprised and I really thought it was going to happen last year, but I do feel bad for the good parents like you that have to be bummed with the news. I’m not sure why he chose yesterday to resign over after tomorrow’s game. Maybe it got leaked and he had to get in front of it all. 

Will you be at the game? I’m up for a meetup with any CoachT folk if you want. 

I will be there with my dad and a bunch of kiddos.  glad to meet up!

I think it got leaked.

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

I will be there with my dad and a bunch of kiddos.  glad to meet up!

I think it got leaked.

Cool. I’m 6’ 4” and around 3 bills. I’ll be wearing a black toboggan, black overalls, and a gray beard. Usually easy to spot in a crowd. Just yell BreadTruck if you see me wondering around. I’d love to say hey. 

6 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Cool. I’m 6’ 4” and around 3 bills. I’ll be wearing a black toboggan, black overalls, and a gray beard. Usually easy to spot in a crowd. Just yell BreadTruck if you see me wondering around. I’d love to say hey. 

im about half your size and easy to miss.  : )  i'll try to find you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DLCSnotLA said:

This is totally incorrect.

Really?  I can attest to the fact that my friend is a very well to do individual as are many of his CofC and David Lipscomb University friends.  He along with several of his friends at the coffee club in Green Hills often spoke of how they had put their checkbooks up with regards to Randy Lowery and instead sent their money to Milton Sewell and Freed Hardeman.  Believe what you want!

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Really?  I can attest to the fact that my friend is a very well to do as are many of his CofC and David Lipscomb University graduate.  He along with several of his friends at the coffee club in Green Hills often spoke of how they had put up their checkbooks up with regards to Randy Lowery and instead sent their money to Milton Sewell and Freed Hardeman.  Believe what you want!

Randy Lowry stepped down in the middle of a campaign to raise a quarter of a billion dollars (with a “b” billion) over the course of less than 2 years. He met the goal early and then stepped down. They didn’t get rid of Lowry because they were losing money to Freed Hardeman, who probably hasn’t raised that much money in the last 20 years combined.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DLCSnotLA said:

Randy Lowry stepped down in the middle of a campaign to raise a quarter of a billion dollars (with a “b” billion) over the course of less than 2 years. He met the goal early and then stepped down. They didn’t get rid of Lowry because they were losing money to Freed Hardeman, who probably hasn’t raised that much money in the last 20 years combined.

David Shannon is doing just fine raising money at Freed Hardeman. I also know quite a few former Lipscomb donors who switched their giving path. Freed doesn't have the need for billions of dollars. If Lipscomb still had their priorities in order they would not either.

The Screen name you decided to register for two posts is funny to me since it was the same Mr. Lowry that you wax so eloquently about who tried to have them close the Campus school so he could expand the college. The board flatly said no.

Want to refute that?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

David Shannon is doing just fine raising money at Freed Hardeman. I also know quite a few former Lipscomb donors who switched their giving path. Freed doesn't have the need for billions of dollars. If Lipscomb still had their priorities in order they would not either.

The Screen name you decided to register for two posts is funny to me since it was the same Mr. Lowry that you wax so eloquently about who tried to have them close the Campus school so he could expand the college. The board flatly said no.

Want to refute that?

The claim was that Lipscomb let go of Lowry because some “old money” from the CoC guard was taking their checkbooks to Freed. That is unequivocally false. Lowry wasn’t loved by all by any means but the idea that he had to step down because he was losing money to Freed is absurd. If Lowry was good at anything, it was raising money.