What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

8 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Theawesomebro I have no idea who you are so don't take this any certain way, just curious, are you a CoC member somewhere? Do you believe the mission is being carried out in a positive way? 

I agree what Dilfer did in such a short amount of time is pretty remarkable. I think he did more than most thought he would. 

As to where they go from here, why not just hire from within? Dilfer can't possibly take everyone with him and as long as there is still funding keeping the staff intact seems logical. Or do you think they go with another name as a new face of the program? 

thanks for the thoughtful reply!  i still go to a CoC but barely.  not sure you can find that label at my church without a microscope.   : )  I would say I grew up with a narrow CoC view and now it is a broad christian view.  that make sense?  this is lipscomb's mission statement...

Lipscomb's mission is to integrate Christian faith and practice with academic excellence, not only in the classroom but also by involvement in numerous services to the church and the larger community.

I think they are doing that much better today by being inclusive than when CoC was known for telling everyone how wrong they were.  hope that makes a little sense.

I guess it is yet to be seen how many of dilfer's staff stay or go with him but I would love to hire within and retain most of those men and women.  it's an amazing group!!

Awesomebro that makes perfect sense. I also grew up CoC. Never really thought others were wrong, just different beliefs and interpretations. Still go to CoC but like your church you wouldn't ever see it in plain sight or hear it. 

Appreciate the response, gives me a better idea of where you are coming from. Congrats on the win. 

8 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Awesomebro that makes perfect sense. I also grew up CoC. Never really thought others were wrong, just different beliefs and interpretations. Still go to CoC but like your church you wouldn't ever see it in plain sight or hear it. 

Appreciate the response, gives me a better idea of where you are coming from. Congrats on the win. 

thanks!  

im a work in progress, too

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

lots of haters.  where to start?

- most people I know like the direction lipscomb university and the academy are heading and think it is more true to the mission than ever.  if you don't like it and you don't have kids there, who cares?   by the way lowry is still there.

- maybe next year is rough.  maybe it's not.  lipscomb was a doormat for years.  who's to say this wasn't their revenge tour?

dilfer took a terrible team to the championship game in 2 years.  then won the next two.  that's pretty amazing.  75% in the championship game, 50% state champion.  and he didn't inherit a program rolling like other successful coaches.  I think he deserves some respect and im grateful he came to LA for 4 years.  

@BreadTruck28 it was great to meet you.  sorry the game wasn't closer.  maybe i'll see you at baseball or basketball soon.

Dilfer is a disgrace to TN High School Football Coaching. You seem like a decent poster, still new so we will see. His antics are ridiculous and the HS game, at least in TN, doesn’t need it. Glad to see him go. Warming up at another HS and bussing in with 2:00 on the clock before game time, absurd. I was the color guy on our radio broadcast for 8 years. We had 1 opposing coach in 8 years refuse to do a 5 minute phone interview for the pregame show during game week. Take a guess who that self righteous coach was? And the post game interview today, with the fake crying??? You guys should be embarrassed by that on TV. Let alone throwing it in the end zone with :29 to go…. Lipscomb is getting ready to pay a bunch of receipts over the next few years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gcapride said:

Dilfer is a disgrace to TN High School Football Coaching. You seem like a decent poster, still new so we will see. His antics are ridiculous and the HS game, at least in TN, doesn’t need it. Glad to see him go. Warming up at another HS and bussing in with 2:00 on the clock before game time, absurd. I was the color guy on our radio broadcast for 8 years. We had 1 opposing coach in 8 years refuse to do a 5 minute phone interview for the pregame show during game week. Take a guess who that self righteous coach was? And the post game interview today, with the fake crying??? You guys should be embarrassed by that on TV. Let alone throwing it in the end zone with :29 to go…. Lipscomb is getting ready to pay a bunch of receipts over the next few years. 

Good lord…how to even respond.  Embarrassing…feel sorry for gca…although not sure which one.

whatever you think about lipscomb doesn’t matter.  He made our school stronger…and yes I have a son who played 3 years  for him and didn’t see the field much…and loves him.  So who are you to tell me what was good for Lipscomb?

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Flea21 said:

Good lord…how to even respond.  Embarrassing…feel sorry for gca…although not sure which one.

whatever you think about lipscomb doesn’t matter.  He made our school stronger…and yes I have a son who played 3 years  for him and didn’t see the field much…and loves him.  So who are you to tell me what was good for Lipscomb?

I never said anything about being good or bad for Lipscomb. I referred to TN HS Football and his stupid antics. Didn’t mention all of his comments, but those too, and the way he treated us as a school and a radio station in the quarterfinals. And, yes, it should’ve been embarrassing to see a grown man fake cry on TV. BTW, I’m from the original GCA…

13 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I never said anything about being good or bad for Lipscomb. I referred to TN HS Football and his stupid antics. Didn’t mention all of his comments, but those too, and the way he treated us as a school and a radio station in the quarterfinals. And, yes, it should’ve been embarrassing to see a grown man fake cry on TV. BTW, I’m from the original GCA…

Sorry…who are you and when did we play you? I don’t want to research.  You really think Trent fake cried?  Why would he do that?

22 minutes ago, Flea21 said:

Sorry…who are you and when did we play you? I don’t want to research.  You really think Trent fake cried?  Why would he do that?

You can research it, you’re obviously new at that school or you would know. And yes, he was fake crying. If you’re crying for over 30 seconds, there are tears running down your cheeks. It’s Fake Crying 101, I took the class. 

5 minutes ago, gcapride said:

You can research it, you’re obviously new at that school or you would know. And yes, he was fake crying. If you’re crying for over 30 seconds, there are tears running down your cheeks. It’s Fake Crying 101, I took the class. 

Researched…gca Franklin, Tn.  We played y’all in middle school.  Cool campus!

why would you take a fake crying class? Odd.

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

not like you to go off the reservation GCApride.....self evalualte and suk up you and the current situatation of the Baptist Snake handlers of Karns....

....You wernt complainin and sukin goat milk when yall were thumpin everbody and a risk to D2-AA football

Booger just sayin :popcorneater: