What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

On 1/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, sportsfan11212 said:

Finally got what I’m assured the full story on Witten is from a well placed source. They agreed in principle, and were legitimately minutes from announcing the deal. Then Witten calls and backs out. Someone in the family put their foot down and didn’t want to move (was not told who). No one really to blame just unfortunate for both parties.

One rumor being floated is that Jason Witten may be named the next tight ends coach at The University of Tennessee. That would place him closer to his family and Elizabethan, Tennessee.  With that being said his wife may not want to leave Texas.

Edited by cbg

16 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Well — his young adult son..

No school in their right mind would want to touch that firestorm only 2-3 months since the story broke.  

It's my experience that ADs have their lists of "guys they'd call" if the current head coach leaves.  Whether Witten was on that list doesn't matter at this point. The fact is they don't have a coach yet and there's got to be a reason.  If players didn't leave at the semester, they probably aren't leaving at all, so the cupboard is pretty full.  They will be competitive in AAA. So it's not an issue of talent. Leaving resources or leadership as the primary reasons they haven't secured anyone.  

11 minutes ago, 3DayWknd said:

No school in their right mind would want to touch that firestorm only 2-3 months since the story broke.  

It's my experience that ADs have their lists of "guys they'd call" if the current head coach leaves.  Whether Witten was on that list doesn't matter at this point. The fact is they don't have a coach yet and there's got to be a reason.  If players didn't leave at the semester, they probably aren't leaving at all, so the cupboard is pretty full.  They will be competitive in AAA. So it's not an issue of talent. Leaving resources or leadership as the primary reasons they haven't secured anyone.  

well, the AD was new so she may have not quite gotten to that yet.  also, there were 42 applicants as of a couple weeks ago.  I think it just takes time as much as I wish it didn't.  no players have left as far as I know.

BA doesn't have a coach yet either so LA isn't alone.

1 hour ago, 3DayWknd said:

Agreed. And the suspect is living with dad until further notice.. why would you want a HC whose son with those charges is in the same house

48 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

well, the AD was new so she may have not quite gotten to that yet.  also, there were 42 applicants as of a couple weeks ago.  I think it just takes time as much as I wish it didn't.  no players have left as far as I know.

BA doesn't have a coach yet either so LA isn't alone.

A new AD would support "leadership" as being a reason.  Didn't mean to imply poor leadership.  And BA has a new AD as well which would help explain a reason why they might not have made a decision (though i think it's just as likely they want to do right by the MacIntyre family).  

12 minutes ago, 3DayWknd said:

A new AD would support "leadership" as being a reason.  Didn't mean to imply poor leadership.  And BA has a new AD as well which would help explain a reason why they might not have made a decision (though i think it's just as likely they want to do right by the MacIntyre family).  

oh yeah I follow you.  agreed.

1 hour ago, 3DayWknd said:

Let’s be honest and say that over 90% of high school athletic directors at prep schools have very little authority when it comes to major hires.  This decision will be made by the headmaster and Board of Trust.

14 hours ago, Booger said:

lets be honest...freak show goin down.....it was good while it lasted

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

overreact much?  It's high school for goodness sakes.  Let's let it play out and then react.  If Mawae, great hire in my opinion.  If Kitna, uh oh.  Regardless, LA will be loaded next year.