2023 Top Teams

EdForHeisman

14 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

Union City returning a ton of experience and a strong core of seniors. So don’t count them out of 1A

UC, McKenzie, Moore Co, and MASE in no particular order.  I have to put Lake County in there as well just because they are traditionally strong on this side.  I will say Moore Co will be loaded next year coming from the other side. 

McKenzie loss of 14 seniors and that line will be huge!  At QB, I am not concerned.  Tate Surber will step in and be as efficient as Cassidy was.  At tailback, it could be by committee.  Colt Norden, Brady Brewer, and a 10th grader Timmy Airline will see plenty of action.  The offensive and defensive .  We have some size, but they will need to grow up quick.  Defensively, lets make no mistake about it.  Losing Jackson Cassidy on that side of the ball is massive. Rebels may drop off some next year, but a really strong group of 8th graders coming in behind this bunch that will be freshman.  Keep the name Cole Brown in your mind for the next QB for McKenzie.  He will have two years to learn the ropes. 

Edited by VOLnWTN

8 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

If Moore County can improve on defense then they are the favorites in 1A. They proved they could score on FC and McKenzie this year and there will be no teams like FC or Mckenzie this year  in 1A next year. 

I think I agree there. White is going to tear 1A a new one next year. If they can get some stops then they could be looking at a 15 game season. Still insanely early though ha!

22 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

UC, McKenzie, Moore Co, and MASE in no particular order.  I have to put Lake County in there as well just because they are traditionally strong on this side.  I will say Moore Co will be loaded next year coming from the other side. 

McKenzie loss of 14 seniors and that line will be huge!  At QB, I am not concerned.  Tate Surber will step in and be as efficient as Cassidy was.  At tailback, it could be by committee.  Colt Norden, Brady Brewer, and a 10th grader Timmy Airline will see plenty of action.  The offensive and defensive .  We have some size, but they will need to grow up quick.  Defensively, lets make no mistake about it.  Losing Jackson Cassidy on that side of the ball is massive. Rebels may drop off some next year, but a really strong group of 8th graders coming in behind this bunch that will be freshman.  Keep the name Cole Brown in your mind for the next QB for McKenzie.  He will have two years to learn the ropes. 

Is the Allison kid a senior? I envisioned him as the RB next yr

On 12/6/2022 at 8:36 AM, Chiefbigfoot said:

east will be represented by Fayeteville, Smith Co, or East Robertson. West will be represented by whoever gets out of the Regio 6 gauntlet.

Unless 2a is drastically awful I dont see City making a big run next year. They lose all their size and best players on defense and few studs on offense. City will still have athletes but they will struggle in the size department. City will slowly start falling off. Potential that the Head Coach could be headed back to Alabama for a head coaching spot in Decatur wouldn't be shocked if he takes if given to him. 

19 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I think I agree there. White is going to tear 1A a new one next year. If they can get some stops then they could be looking at a 15 game season. Still insanely early though ha!

Yeah that offense will be lethal they will have running clocks a lot next season. White has to be early favorite for Mr.Football