Greenback 2023

orngnblk

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If they get this hire wrong which it's starting to SMELL like it this group in charge may find out there is a bigger group bigger than them that may vote to take their kids somewhere else leaving the school in such a mess it may have to moth ball the program or get a good feel of what it's like to be a William Blount fan " The Laughing Stock of the County". I approve this message because some people if told to wear a soiled diaper on their head would do it because the wrong people in charge told them to.

We already are the laughing stock of the county for allowing disgruntled politicians and out-of-touch administrators to take over the selection process.
I hope all these guys that are getting offers are aware that the best players will be transferring to other schools and not having enough kids left to even field a team is a real possibility.

Edited by AlBundy
Left out a word

1 hour ago, Charger64 said:

Zac Rayl would be a great hire!

How do you know that?I've researched him,no head Coach experience. Good high school player for sure.We need a proven HC at this point.The mess this last coach has done is going to be hard for an inexperienced young coach.I do think he has alot of potential IF IT IS ACTUALLY HIM also.lol.Also he will be looking to move on to bigger things after he is established because of the money and his age,and we need a long term hire.If they will not hire Greg back he may get his shot.I did hear the Assistant from Riverdale interested was wanting to be closer to home so he does make sense to be the one.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 2:31 PM, Frontman said:

Ryan thinks Greenback is the only school out there that will hire him. He blew the interview at Eagleton and he not only wants the football job but also the AD job at Greenback. Just long enough till he can land a job at a bigger school. 

Give it to him!He just made what you started even better,you should be proud.

• Like 1

It seems as though the greenback "faithful" have unrealistic expectations for their program.  Not being mean but greenback is a 1a school.  Most 1 a schools are stepping stones for coaches and have to settle for a young aspiring head coach.  No doubt, Greg Ryan is the best hire for this position but it seems he ruffled some feathers that may prohibit that from happening.  Personally, I think Rayl would be a good hire.  He's young, coached and played at a high level, and has roots near greenback.  The argument that you shouldnt hire a 1st year head coach is stupid.  Who hired GR to his first head coaching gig? You get my point.  That argument should be saved for Cleveland, Maryville, etc. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, orngnblk said:

How do you know that?I've researched him,no head Coach experience. Good high school player for sure.We need a proven HC at this point.The mess this last coach has done is going to be hard for an inexperienced young coach.I do think he has alot of potential IF IT IS ACTUALLY HIM also.lol.Also he will be looking to move on to bigger things after he is established because of the money and his age,and we need a long term hire.If they will not hire Greg back he may get his shot.I did hear the Assistant from Riverdale interested was wanting to be closer to home so he does make sense to be the one.

So was Coach Ryan a "long term hire"? Nothing against Coach Ryan at all, he is a great coach.....It boggles my mind to understand the conflict most programs have hiring a "first year" head coach....Not just at Greenback but around the state.....Rayl has been a DC at a 6A school, has been a part of a first year program, play HS at Meigs, so he knows small town football.....Why not someone like Zach Rayl....??

2 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

So was Coach Ryan a "long term hire"? Nothing against Coach Ryan at all, he is a great coach.....It boggles my mind to understand the conflict most programs have hiring a "first year" head coach....Not just at Greenback but around the state.....Rayl has been a DC at a 6A school, has been a part of a first year program, play HS at Meigs, so he knows small town football.....Why not someone like Zach Rayl....??

Pretty sure he played at mcminn central.  Remember watching him play against the blue raiders in 08 or 09.  The chargers won that contest.  But your point remains.

16 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Like I said if they don't hire Greg back Rayl has alot of potential.Greg has proven himself and if they will pay him will be here for a very long time,remember Greg Coached without being paid a few years.Rayl like most others will be looking for a much better paying job with his age if he is successful and if he is not our hole just gets deeper!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/3/2023 at 9:48 PM, ladykee said:

The Driver’s Ed teacher? We haven’t had Driver’s Ed at Greenback in decades. May go all the way back to Mr. Hudson. So will they be creating a new position & funding a vehicle for the new course? Would love to hear our School Board representative for GB & our County Commissioner for GB’s thoughts on this. 

Do your homework before you go bashing someone.  Do you think maybe he can teach more than Drivers Ed and he has that position to give time to focus on football?  Sounds like you got one man in mind and lets send a lench mob after anyone else.  Every HC was a DC or OC at one point or another.  Just because the man coaches in a big school doesn't mean he aint from a small town or that he don't have ties to GB.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK. 

On 3/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, Charger64 said:

Zac Rayl would be a great hire!

Rayl - He is a small town boy with ties to GB.  He has served his time and built a resume over in Middle TN.  He has built relationships with kids and gone out on a limb to get college schoolarships.  He has two young boys of his own and could build roots if given a chance.  No one can do it alone and especially if the community isn't united.   Young energetic country boy with great work ethics - sounds like it's GB loss to me if you don't get him. 

5 hours ago, TDKING said:

It seems as though the greenback "faithful" have unrealistic expectations for their program.  Not being mean but greenback is a 1a school.  Most 1 a schools are stepping stones for coaches and have to settle for a young aspiring head coach.  No doubt, Greg Ryan is the best hire for this position but it seems he ruffled some feathers that may prohibit that from happening.  Personally, I think Rayl would be a good hire.  He's young, coached and played at a high level, and has roots near greenback.  The argument that you shouldnt hire a 1st year head coach is stupid.  Who hired GR to his first head coaching gig? You get my point.  That argument should be saved for Cleveland, Maryville, etc. 

EXACTLY!! Well said. Does Greenback know that Rankin offered Rayl a DC job at Boyd Buchanan, but it was a private school in a big city.  He is a country boy with a wife and kids. Rayl played at Meigs and McMinn central.  Got a full ride at UTC playing D end. He has a successful teaching degree (look it up on the TN website), he is a successful DC for 6A school.   Pretty sure he has family that live in Greenback.  Spend some time researching GB. WHY NOT RAYL?