Greenback 2023

orngnblk

4 hours ago, GB86 said:

Well Well Well. Looks like it’s leaked out that GB has moved on to its second choice. That would be an assistant from Riverdale. Are you kidding me right now!! This is turning into a joke and we are the laughing stock of TN high school football. I feel sorry for a couple people in this. First Coach Ryan for the complete disrespect during this process and second the possible new coach from middle TN. What a nightmare situation to walk into. Loudon people hiring for a GB football coach is comical in itself. Like they honestly care if we ever win another football game. I believe they are hanging out new principle out to dry on this one for him to hear it from the community. This should have been easy. A layup if you will. A no brainer!! Just make the hire and let’s get back to winning and filling stands and trucks. But no! What’s truely the motive here? Is it we just need a teacher. That’s not what was told in the interview process. It was told that we were looking for the best football coach. That was a lie. It has to be a lie because the guy that was offered has never been a head coach. Good luck to him. Now the Blount teams get richer with some GB boys. Tragedy. 

Lotsa lies being told in this fiasco.
Feel sorry for the principal, the honeymoon is over for him. He was duped. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ladykee said:

The Driver’s Ed teacher? We haven’t had Driver’s Ed at Greenback in decades. May go all the way back to Mr. Hudson. So will they be creating a new position & funding a vehicle for the new course? Would love to hear our School Board representative for GB & our County Commissioner for GB’s thoughts on this. 

Does any know the names of the School board member or the County Commissioner? Maybe we could reach out directly. 

10 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Does any know the names of the School board member or the County Commissioner? Maybe we could reach out directly. 

They've pretty much made their beds and its not in GRs favor.... i sent emails to 4 committee members today just being nice and respectful asking them to pick GR. But now after reading this "stuff" i started calling our School Board Rep Phil Moffett (no answer) to ask questions.  He's actually 1 of the 6 on the so called "search committee" how the heck does he not pick Greg... he must be going along with the school board b/c he dang sure aint in touch with his constituents. You can google the school board, school admins, find out their contact info and get to calling & emailing. Just be nice and be clear you want GR.

Edited by glenfromgreenback
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ladykee said:

The Driver’s Ed teacher? We haven’t had Driver’s Ed at Greenback in decades. May go all the way back to Mr. Hudson. So will they be creating a new position & funding a vehicle for the new course? Would love to hear our School Board representative for GB & our County Commissioner for GB’s thoughts on this. 

GlenfromGreenback had just started HS the last time we had Driver's Ed. Calvin Blevins taught it a year or two after Hudson retired. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Greenback people almost had a lynch mob on the last coach and someone there is expecting something different the next round. Geesh what kind of Dumbazz is running the place down there.

Barney I will be 100% honest with you,IF we got a HC with experience and A BETTER resume than Coach Ryan I for one would get behind the guy and give him the chance.I was getting pretty interested in the Wagoner guy but he pulled out of the running to my knowledge. The rest are just science experiments!We already had that and it has set us back decades.We have the opportunity to get one of the best 1A coaches with on field development and win loss record available and there are gonna sh#$ the bed and send us back to Oakdale/Unaka level for good.The kids,Community and fans in general don't deserve this.We have a very faithful  fan base but last year it got so bad they were deciding to just stay home.This is a very important hire!!

• Like 1

When you have educated idiots picking head coaches usually what you want the opposite will happen. You get rid of the most hated man to ever walk the halls of Greenback High School who hired your last coach then another idiot jumps in and takes his place. If you want to save your program a strong gathering are going to need to get together and go confront this idiot face to face and show them you mean business.

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When you have educated idiots picking head coaches usually what you want the opposite will happen. You get rid of the most hated man to ever walk the halls of Greenback High School who hired your last coach then another idiot jumps in and takes his place. If you want to save your program a strong gathering are going to need to get together and go confront this idiot face to face and show them you mean business.

Ok first of all I don’t think we hired an idiot for principal. I believe he is being led down a very dark hole due to personal feelings and vindictive behaviors. It time for everyone involved to do the right thing and put personal feelings aside. I believe that under Coach Ryan’s tenure there were more players to get scholarships not only in football but baseball as well. I may be wrong but don’t think so. 
 Secondly here is the people that I was told that was on the so called hiring committee. Matt Borokshire (principal at the school),Jessica Spafford (athletic director)of the school), Phil Moffit (school board member for district 3), Tinker (assistant director Loudon County Schools), and Brian Hanley(alumni,assistant football coach,and past coach of Greenback Little League football), and lastly Jimmy Stinnett (paren and community member. So as long as the information is true that I got this is who all of Greenback needs to talk to. 

Here's the contact for some of the "search" committee members: County AD, Principal, School Board Rep and School AD

tinkerm@loudoncounty.org

brookshirem@loudoncounty.org

moffettp@loudoncounty.org

spaffordj@loudoncounty.org

And like SHREK said EVERYONE needs to be contacting these individuals.... just be nice but get the point across!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, glenfromgreenback said:

Here's the contact for some of the "search" committee members: County AD, Principal, School Board Rep and School AD

tinkerm@loudoncounty.org

brookshirem@loudoncounty.org

moffettp@loudoncounty.org

spaffordj@loudoncounty.org

And like SHREK said EVERYONE needs to be contacting these individuals.... just be nice but get the point across!

This stuff is starting to rival the Schiano stuff. Sounds pretty toxic right now. 

If they get this hire wrong which it's starting to SMELL like it this group in charge may find out there is a bigger group bigger than them that may vote to take their kids somewhere else leaving the school in such a mess it may have to moth ball the program or get a good feel of what it's like to be a William Blount fan " The Laughing Stock of the County". I approve this message because some people if told to wear a soiled diaper on their head would do it because the wrong people in charge told them to.