Greenback 2023

orngnblk

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I wonder why everyone wants out of GP, could it be the beating Alcoa puts on everyone. Hearing through sources there is a movement among all the other teams in that district to forfiet the Alcoa game. The only thing their accomplishing is the right to get two beatings from them if they make it to the playoffs.

What sources?

Region 2

Alcoa High School (Alcoa, TN)

Austin-East High School (Knoxville, TN)

Kingston High School (Kingston, TN)

Scott High School (Huntsville, TN)

Union Co. High School (Maynardville, TN

43 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

What sources?

Region 2

Alcoa High School (Alcoa, TN)

Austin-East High School (Knoxville, TN)

Kingston High School (Kingston, TN)

Scott High School (Huntsville, TN)

Union Co. High School (Maynardville, TN

Scott County and Union County are so bad they should be playing in an 8 man football league. Actually the loser is the winner in this situation because they don't have to get humiliated twice by Alcoa.

• Like 2

Yes he’s interested in coming back. Yes obviously would be welcome back with open arms. And yes seems like a no brainer to get him back on the sidelines however possible. Left on great terms just to pursue another opportunity. Everyone hated to see him go a few years ago. Not sure how this hire doesn’t happen. I guess we will see and hopefully soon.

6 hours ago, GB86 said:

Yes he’s interested in coming back. Yes obviously would be welcome back with open arms. And yes seems like a no brainer to get him back on the sidelines however possible. Left on great terms just to pursue another opportunity. Everyone hated to see him go a few years ago. Not sure how this hire doesn’t happen. I guess we will see and hopefully soon.

This is the hire we ALL want.They need to pay the man!Best coach in the County and less paid at the time.Hopefully this gets done soon.He has already proven to be a Championship coach.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 7:01 AM, MCCS87 said:

Current G-P coach

Zero chance he would leave GP.  GP has at least 3 D1 kids already offered that will be seniors, far more talent that previous years.  Why would he consider leaving a higher paying job at a 3A school to get a pay cut that has lackluster facilities and a very small budget?  But on the flip side, he would likely get mowing the grass on the game field added to his list of responsibilities...

Whoever started that rumor is like TN fans during the dark years of Dooley and Butch Jones, believing a top coach would actually come to the dumpster fire that was taking place in K-town.  I don't buy it, Greenback needs to hire a former player or coach because that is the only way the Greenback community will support the program.

1 hour ago, GeneralRebel said:

Zero chance he would leave GP.  GP has at least 3 D1 kids already offered that will be seniors, far more talent that previous years.  Why would he consider leaving a higher paying job at a 3A school to get a pay cut that has lackluster facilities and a very small budget?  But on the flip side, he would likely get mowing the grass on the game field added to his list of responsibilities...

Whoever started that rumor is like TN fans during the dark years of Dooley and Butch Jones, believing a top coach would actually come to the dumpster fire that was taking place in K-town.  I don't buy it, Greenback needs to hire a former player or coach because that is the only way the Greenback community will support the program.

We have an Assistant that mows and does laundry:thumb:

Greenback community will support a Coach who has the credibility and credentials to coach a team like Greenback.0% is a strong assessment!:-D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We have an Assistant that mows and does laundry:thumb:

Greenback community will support a Coach who has the credibility and credentials to coach a team like Greenback.0% is a strong assessment!:-D

Before Hardin Valley got a new turf field it looked like it was mowed by cattle. The whole center of the field was bald from one goal line to the other.