2023 Softball Predictions

JohnnyUtah

6 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Not on my bingo card. Was she upset with photographers on the field again? 

Arguing double touched batted ball by Gibbs leadoff hitter. She would have been the tying run with one out. Give the rest of the kids credit for at least getting it tied down 2 with 2 outs. But the favorites definitely have a tough road ahead.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, volfan26 said:

What's everyone's predictions after day one in AA ? Waverly and Westview  are my favorites with Alcoa still in the hunt.

Scotts Hill eliminates Alcoa 5-2 on day two. Side note...umps were terrible all game. Balls and strikes were ok, but every questionable call went Alcoa's way including a ball getting under the temporary fence and wiping a run off the board when SH's runner was at third, and Alcoa's 1'st baseman pulled off the bag being overturned by the third base ump costing another run. Didn't affect the outcome, but not acceptable in a game with advancing/going home on the line. I try not to rant about judgement calls, but when the 1'st base ump is right on top of the play and the third base ump overturns an obvious call from 84'10" away, it's fishy at best...the other call mentioned is simply rulebook; when the fielder throws up their hands to indicate an unplayable ball, the runner is awarded the next base which was home.