2023 Softball Predictions

JohnnyUtah

Does East Tennessee run away with it this year again. My predictions of the finals and darkhorse. I don't know too much about West Tennessee softball. 

A- Eagleville / Huntland - rematch of the two of the best pitchers in the state- Darkhorse is Gordonsville

AA- Alcoa- returns most everyone / Forrest always strong not sure what they have - Darkhorse -Summertown

AAA- Gibbs- returns most everyone, valuable experience last year being mostly underclassman / Lincoln Co. giving the benefit with Lexington losing key players - Darkhorse is Halls with talented soph. pitching duo

AAAA- Farragut-lost starters but have depth and key starters back / Dobyns Bennett - best pitching staff in the state as Juniors - Darkhorse is Maryville/Morristown West

Who you got?

• Like 1

I don't keep up with softball as much as I used too. So I'm not sure about a state run but for the west TN teams that I think should be fun to watch and do really well in district and region. 

1. AA martin Westview they should have some really good pitching.  Really strong core group imo

2. AAA South Gibson very young talented group of girls and well coached. Not sure about pitching but they have some strong hitters.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon Fillies should be pretty strong this season. Young team with only one senior starting. Got 3 pitchers that know how to pitch. #1 pitcher and catcher already committed to UTM. Fast, very good defensively we ith some pop in their bats. Run ruled Dyer Co 10-0 1st game. I'm exited about this bunch,

Yes sir they looked good last night. Good luck to you guys

3 hours ago, Summit22 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Wartburg makes some noise in 1A this year in District 3 and Region 2. Have a lot of really good young talent. Could be a year or 2 away since most of their team is freshmen and sophomores and having a new coaching staff.

Could be a cloudland/wartburg substate in a year or 2.  We have 12 varsity and 6 of them are freshmen.  Probably the best class of softball players ever up here.