LA coach Kevin Mawae

theawesomebro

On 9/6/2023 at 11:57 AM, SportsTNFan said:

So they were cool with Mawae taking the transfer and letting him play over the projected starter even though he was not committed to the school or program while their guy watched from the sidelines?

Sounds like they have battled through some team chemistry issues. 

Lots of football left! 

Lipscomb reported his family moved to Nashville because his father had gotten a job there. That wasn’t the case.  He was living in an off campus apartment according to some Nashville folks. Lots of red flags.  If this had happened at Bradley Central or any place else TSSAA would have pounced on it.  

Edited by Chattanoogachoochoo

1 hour ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

Lipscomb reported his family moved to Nashville because his father had gotten a job there. That wasn’t the case.  He was living in an off campus apartment according to some Nashville folks. Lots of red flags.  If this had happened at Bradley Central or any place else TSSAA would have pounced on it.  

So you saying that’s what they saying in Chattanooga? lmao

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JRB said:

I have not heard anything, although I rarely do :)  If true, is it for reasons inside or outside the lines?

i have not heard either but never a good look when parents and kids talking about leaving and not a lot of kids looking to enroll at lipscomb. also doesnt help when you bring a kid in and play him, he doesnt come to school and then decides to go back home and commits a week later. c of c is glaring down asking what happened on our watch.

50 minutes ago, ChatterBox99 said:

i have not heard either but never a good look when parents and kids talking about leaving and not a lot of kids looking to enroll at lipscomb. also doesnt help when you bring a kid in and play him, he doesnt come to school and then decides to go back home and commits a week later. c of c is glaring down asking what happened on our watch.

it's definitely not the most fun football season but I think everything will be just fine.  I guess it will be what it will be and that will be fine.

FWIW, there is no c of c, only a board of directors at the university.  church of christ is not actually an organization.  it's a bunch of individual churches who have the same name but do whatever the heck they want.  

1 hour ago, 3DayWknd said:

Everything will be fine. Previous coach cast a large shadow and the football program needs to get out from behind it. 

PS Glad to see the previous coach hasn't lost that sideline fire https://awfulannouncing.com/college-football/trent-dilfer-meltdown-uab-marcus-spears.html

yeah it's easy to think the grass is always greener but this weekend reminded me of something that I did not love about him.  love and respect the guy in a lot of ways but that kind of anger is not what I want directed at my kid.  some folks tried to make it sound like I was soft when I said that one time but this isn't the marines.

9 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

yeah it's easy to think the grass is always greener but this weekend reminded me of something that I did not love about him.  love and respect the guy in a lot of ways but that kind of anger is not what I want directed at my kid.  some folks tried to make it sound like I was soft when I said that one time but this isn't the marines.

Dilfer is the quintessential spoiled rich kid. Doesn't get his way and he loses his mind.