Who made a better hire? Cleveland or Oak Ridge?

ILB1999

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

https://comptroller.tn.gov/content/dam/cot/orea/advanced-search/2021/Teachercompensation.pdf

Also Oak Ridge is #1 from the last Comptroller study they did, I don't know what he is googling :popcorneater:

I would bet a dollar to a donut hole that the Cleveland job still pays a whole lot more as it is not just the HC /teacher job... it is and administrator job that coaches football....

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2023 at 4:18 PM, HTV said:

Oak Ridge #1. 

From Vanderbilt University study/ Tennessean story. 

Screenshot_20230203_161657_Samsung Notes.jpg

We've covered this before.  But average teacher pay means you higher a bunch of experienced teachers from other districts.  Has nothing to to with the pay scale.  Also,  we were talking about cleveland when you posted, so that's what I thought you meant.  And besides, doesn't the cleveland job pay more than the OR job?

On 2/3/2023 at 5:56 PM, SweetScience said:

He doesn’t care about facts, he’s just here to stir the pot, my friend.

We were talking about Cleveland when the local Powell historian chymed in.  There was not bias.  I seriously thought he was talking about cleveland.  I mean he even responded to a post about clevelan.  But keep going on thinking the world hates you. 

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

We were talking about Cleveland when the local Powell historian chymed in.  There was not bias.  I seriously thought he was talking about cleveland.  I mean he even responded to a post about clevelan.  But keep going on thinking the world hates you. 

It was a comparison of the two jobs, Einstein, and in reference to Rang applying for both jobs.  

And here's a newsflash for you:  

Coaches are teachers first, so, yeah - the pay question is relevant.  And Oak Ridge is the top paying system in the state, and that's not up for debate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTV said:

It was a comparison of the two jobs, Einstein, and in reference to Rang applying for both jobs.  

And here's a newsflash for you:  

Coaches are teachers first, so, yeah - the pay question is relevant.  And Oak Ridge is the top paying system in the state, and that's not up for debate.  

the average pay thing has nothing to do with the pay scale, so yeah, it is up for debate.  OR 43,911 for 206 days.  Knox 43,077 for 200 days.  

That means OR stating day pay is 213.  Knox is 215.  

I'll call that a draw.  but sure.  You're always right.

On 2/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, HTV said:

I believe it is the highest paying public system  in the state at this point, but that's just teacher pay.  I don't know about the supplements. 

On 2/3/2023 at 3:35 PM, ILB1999WHS said:

Thats not true.  I just googled it.  Not even close.

So how isn't it the highest paying public school system when they have the highest Avg Teacher salary?  Pay scale has nothing to do with Highest Paying.