Blackman

MidTennFootball

I really wish they stop letting parents and what other schools say dictate the program at Blackman. Kids want to be loose, y’all complained about a coach that gets the spotlight on the program and plays music? Like grow up seriously! This is not boot camp you have to build a culture that locks folks in. Tygard definitely made an impact and definitely developed talent you can say what you want but if he was trash he definitely wouldn’t have had this amount of hatred coming his way 

Edited by arshad221

22 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Its not about coach Tygard, it about Kriesky. Couch or Woods would have been better options in my opinion. The funny thing is everybody talks about having a "great " coach like Creasy makes all the difference. I just don't think Kriesky is that guy maybe I am wrong. but No one on this thread will give a crap in 6 months from now if Blackman is lagging behind but me

I totally get it. But what are the true expectations at Blackman? Creasy has not lost a district game, since he’s been there!! Read it again. Unfortunately, the ceiling is getting to the quarter finals against Oakland right now. To your point, T did that, but wouldn’t be able to sustain it. Jimmys and Joes have always mattered. And at the end of the day, Oakland just has more dudes. And I’m talking about the dudes that are already there, not the transfers. But these coaches around here should be ashamed losing to a guy that RUNS A WING T!! SMH. Go watch the CPA game on how they defended that. It truly was basic youth league ball. Hat on a hat, and this is your assignment no matter what!!

10 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

I really wish they stop letting parents and what other schools say dictate the program at Blackman. Kids want to be loose, y’all complained about a coach that gets the spotlight on the program and plays music? Like grow up seriously! This is not boot camp you have to build a culture that locks folks in. Tygard definitely made an impact and definitely developed talent you can say what you want but if was trash he definitely wouldn’t have had the amount of hatred coming his way 

Agree with everything but developed talent. Those 2 guys had the measurables to seek D1 attention. And when they’re 90% of the offense, of course they’re going to shine. Question?? Where are the D2, D3, NAIA kids at? I know about the D1 guys?  But I’ve already broke my Grandmas rule about arguing with fools!!

47 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

It’s not about coach Tygard, it about Kriesky. Couch or Woods would have been better options in my opinion. The funny thing is everybody talks about having a "great " coach like Creasy makes all the difference. I just don't think Kriesky is that guy maybe I am wrong. but No one on this thread will give a crap in 6 months from now if Blackman is lagging behind but me

Before you swap teams, please do not come to Smyrna. We don’t need pessimistic, unloyal fans down off exit 70

12 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

But these coaches around here should be ashamed losing to a guy that RUNS A WING T!! SMH. Go watch the CPA game on how they defended that. It truly was basic youth league ball. Hat on a hat, and this is your assignment no matter what!!

If it was that easy to stop, more teams would be doing it. But from a philosophical standpoint I understand what you’re saying. Oakland runs a lot more than the Wing T though 

26 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

I totally get it. But what are the true expectations at Blackman? Creasy has not lost a district game, since he’s been there!! Read it again. Unfortunately, the ceiling is getting to the quarter finals against Oakland right now. To your point, T did that, but wouldn’t be able to sustain it. Jimmys and Joes have always mattered. And at the end of the day, Oakland just has more dudes. And I’m talking about the dudes that are already there, not the transfers. But these coaches around here should be ashamed losing to a guy that RUNS A WING T!! SMH. Go watch the CPA game on how they defended that. It truly was basic youth league ball. Hat on a hat, and this is your assignment no matter what!!

Now that I agree with lol! I’m loading the box playing man until you show me you have mahomes back there.

27 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Agree with everything but developed talent. Those 2 guys had the measurables to seek D1 attention. And when they’re 90% of the offense, of course they’re going to shine. Question?? Where are the D2, D3, NAIA kids at? I know about the D1 guys?  But I’ve already broke my Grandmas rule about arguing with fools!!

I think the point here is these guys were in the program before, and underutilized. Without exception Tygard has put players in the position to get to the next level, to include one who played last Sunday night. And not just D1, but up and down the line, he understands D2 & D3 better than most because he has been there. And the last Granny referred to you it was something along the line of "bless his heart, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed".

Edited by CougarDadx2
spelling

19 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Who was a star prospect before Tygard got there? Quick let me know

21 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

Before you swap teams, please do not come to Smyrna. We don’t need pessimistic, unloyal fans down off exit 70

Please hold your breath waiting on him to swap teams! He's been on this platform supporting Blackman longer than anyone I know. Good, bad, ugly -  he love's him some Blaze.  And he has no family ties to the program, just loves football, TX and the Blaze. You mutts would lucky to have somone as dedicated as he is.

Edited by CougarDadx2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

What do you guys think Blackman's record would be this year if Tygard stayed?  Keep in mind he has to replace half of his staff and Ravenwood is on the schedule. 

Still think they would have pulled out 8-2, maybe 7-3. O would have looked much different; D would have been better. I only know of 2 or 3 coaching changes, not sure about half the staff. I will say you never know what you will see, looking back at the 2nd Oakland game - who would have thunk it?

2 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

Brother while I respect your head Coach and was once his neighbor, the one thing you don't have to do is worry about me rooting for your puppies. I have supported this team since their 2006 -2-8 season under Bobby Wells. I made the trip to Hoover and Both times to Maryville. before and during a time when my boys ever played for Blackman. I set through the comeback that Jennings led at Indy. I set through the mud bowl... and Bowling Green fiasco  Don't talk to me about loyal, when you will be off these boards when your kid moves on. I've seen the home bleachers a time or two at Smyrna look eerily similar to an Antioch home game ;