Oak Ridge football 2023

SweetScience

6 hours ago, bounder said:

HaHA Well Barn I can't see that happening but they'd be welcome! I'm hoping we all will really proud of Derek Rang over to Oke Gridge!

I may be one of them especially since Oak Ridge has always been my second favorite team. Now we all have a connection with a coach from Maryville. That is if Maryville has a flat tire like it did last year. I saw the one post about attrition OR is going through which was interesting. Don't worry about that, first line of business is to cull out the problems, and the bus riders and get down to the real meat. Love to see the Fulton scrimmage but we'll see OR next week so I'm going to see the Alcoa scrimmage which will be a good one.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:06 PM, bounder said:

Yeah Murphy I just had senior moment, I know how he spells it. It's hard to keep up with how folks spell their names now-a-days. Got some in my family I have trouble with.

I understand completely. I have quite a few myself these days. But as snoop Dogg once said, it’s cool to grow old.

And I agree completely on how folks spell their names. It’s like a contest to be the most complicated. Jaysun, Mhat, Byrone, Saoirse. You’d be shocked at how these Anglo-saxons around me spell names. 

23 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

I understand completely. I have quite a few myself these days. But as snoop Dogg once said, it’s cool to grow old.

And I agree completely on how folks spell their names. It’s like a contest to be the most complicated. Jaysun, Mhat, Byrone, Saoirse. You’d be shocked at how these Anglo-saxons around me spell names. 

Well the first 3 are people thinking their being cute bc their kids name is different. Saoirse is Irish. I know I'm getting old though bc I complain about the same thing

• Upvote 1

Murphy I've got a friend over to See-vers-ville that has coached and played in the area for what seems like a hundred years names Bill Etherton wondered if you had crossed paths with him. If you did you will never forget Bill!

By the way I hit 80 back in March so I guess I qualify as old. Folks over to Oak Ridge say the Dead Sea was just sick when I was born. 

1 hour ago, ForTheRidge said:

Did anyone else see the Twitter post of a group of Clinton players in uniform with two coaches? The player in front is proudly flipping two birds. It has since been removed. I guess discipline isn’t their strong suit. Classy Clinton. 

You have to take it nowadays that a lot of these kids are raised by the wolves. When I was a kid and done stupid stuff like that my dad would take a belt and stripe me like a zebra. I would have to stay home from the swimming pool for a whole week to keep from showing all my friends my red stripes.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You have to take it nowadays that a lot of these kids are raised by the wolves. When I was a kid and done stupid stuff like that my dad would take a belt and stripe me like a zebra. I would have to stay home from the swimming pool for a whole week to keep from showing all my friends my red stripes.

Yep. Sadly, a lot of times the parent(s) are as bad, if not worse than the kid(s) are. It doesn’t just happen. Just like the WW2 generation was partly to blame for the hippy/ free love/ sexual revolution, my generation is partly to blame for a lot of the ills we’re experiencing today in our society. Its been a pretty steady decline for 70+ years now.

Edited by SweetScience

17 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

How are the MildCats gonna be this year with the new coaching staff?

Bigger question, given Coach Rang’s track record of staying places for 2 years, will he be there after 2024? Also, will he be allowed to proctor ACT exams?

You got a user name just to troll seven teams in the last 30 minutes. Bored or just no class?

• Like 1