Shad Resigns at Eagleton

camppack

22 hours ago, GovMan said:

Does Catholic practice during fall break? Asking for a friend.

Remember those great Knox Central teams around 1990? Todd Helton? The center on that team told me they practiced year round. He said they would leave the county and go to a farm in another county to practice year round.

14 hours ago, HTV said:

Fulton is a magnet school, meaning they have courses of study that other schools don't have and can be a reason for a transfer in. 

But they aren't the only school that has those types of opportunities. Others do, as well. 

There are many creative ways to get a legit transfer within the system. 

I stand by what I say.  All of the Knox County schools play along the edges of the margins.  

The Knox County school board rules make recruiting inevitable. According to Austin Price, a kid from any middle school can attend any HS they want as long as they declare that in middle school. Austin agrees with you, he said "they all are doing what Powell succeeded at the last several years".

3 hours ago, ipb7 said:

The Knox County school board rules make recruiting inevitable. According to Austin Price, a kid from any middle school can attend any HS they want as long as they declare that in middle school. Austin agrees with you, he said "they all are doing what Powell succeeded at the last several years".

It's been going on for  decades in Knox County. Powell certainly didn't start it. 

6 hours ago, ipb7 said:

Remember those great Knox Central teams around 1990? Todd Helton? The center on that team told me they practiced year round. He said they would leave the county and go to a farm in another county to practice year round.

Man, those were some really good teams. Ricky Kirkland, Kippy Bayless, Courtland Styles, Helton, Billy King to name a few. Them and the Ridge had some epic battles in those days.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, MidTennFootball said:

That's what happens when you do what Shad did. Had he accepted his departure from Blackman with some grace or humility, he'd probably have a couple more titles by now 

absolute proof WB is a coach killa....by accounts not of Boogers.....that feller may be a brash & brazin...but that feller can coach....regardless of true cause for departure....ones blood pumper can only take so many L's......if he can handle the assistant title...thinkin them northern catholics will be the benfactor...

...Booger thinkin Barney either got Barney a Shadowen rash....or a catholic north rash...or both

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: 

Edited by Booger

20 hours ago, ipb7 said:

since the chat is currently off topic and on such practices....let not our brain housin groups go blank on the county to the south

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Booger said:

absolute proof WB is a coach killa....by accounts not of Boogers.....that feller may be a brash & brazin...but that feller can coach....regardless of true cause for departure....ones blood pumper can only take so many L's......if he can handle the assistant title...thinkin them northern catholics will be the benfactor...

...Booger thinkin Barney either got Barney a Shadowen rash....or a catholic north rash...or both

I think Shad came to William Blount as a halfway house and got stuck there longer than he wanted. I never pulled against this guy but got worn out with all the crazy stuff like taking a whole week off vacation during fall break which showed up during the next game scheduled. If your a deciated high school football coach you throw your life into it for that 11week season. William Blount is deffinetly a different animal that would take a special coach like Scott Meadows who seems to be able to come across with the younger generation and get the most out of them. When Catholic opens the vault and lets you get a gold bar out of the pot most coaches will take off running. He did a fine job at Eagleton and hope they find someone to match what he has done there or maybe even better.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think Shad came to William Blount as a halfway house and got stuck there longer than he wanted. I never pulled against this guy but got worn out with all the crazy stuff like taking a whole week off vacation during fall break which showed up during the next game scheduled. If your a deciated high school football coach you throw your life into it for that 11week season. William Blount is deffinetly a different animal that would take a special coach like Scott Meadows who seems to be able to come across with the younger generation and get the most out of them. When Catholic opens the vault and lets you get a gold bar out of the pot most coaches will take off running. He did a fine job at Eagleton and hope they find someone to match what he has done there or maybe even better.

Well said. Having kids who have entered and left high school over the past 15 years, I really struggled with the coaches who don’t seem do enough. I assume that is true at every school. It’s funny how many school administrators hide behind “it’s about education”, but coaches either don’t even teach or teach PE. I guess we are all blind.

Some coaches go above and beyond the routine, but not many. Seeing coaches trying to take advantage of their coaching position to start other jobs in the area rarely looks like dedication, unless you are winning them all I guess. I don’t know exactly what happened with Shad in LA, but the program as a whole got worse which was tough to attain.

Hopefully he will change lives for the better over in West Knox. The value of these youth coaches extends beyond the fields.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, SweetScience said:

Didn’t know that about Fulton. Thanks for the explanation. And no doubt all Knox County schools do it. Some just do it better than others, I suppose. FWIW, AC has always greatly benefited from transfers, mostly from all over Campbell County, so it isn’t relegated to just Knox Co. I’m sure you know that though.

OR too.  Let's not forget your transfers.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:51 PM, ipb7 said:

they don't have to declare.  My cousin went through this recently.  You can apply to a transfer to any school whether in-zone or out prior to freshman year and retain eligibility.  After they start at HS, the transfer requires a legitimate change of address.  It's not too complicated.  It's not the transfers that are against the rules, it's the recruiting.  And Future Stars is the sketchiest proposition of them all.