State Duals Updates

WrestlingGod

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

You never see them at the cleveland duals, Bradley invitation, McCallie invitation, or tough out state competitions. It helps wrestling tough competition all year this time of year. I could be wrong and not saying they wrestled a weak schedule. Maybe someone can correct me

They will be wrestling tough tournaments the next 3 years. Beast and Knockout, just like they did this year. Wrestling in the Cleveland duals means nothing to DB success. DB has a great feeder program that started off as Hammer Wrestling. If you look at the best kids on that roster, all of them came up in that club. More of those kids will be at DB next year. The same kids that were winning club state duals championships will mostly be reunited at DB!!! We knew what we had, now you see it. Only going to get better. 

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

Ok elaborate, where have they been?

Smh They did go to the Beast of the East this year. Maybe you don’t know much about tough wrestling outside the state of TN, but Beast is one the toughest three tournaments in country. Had two kids lose in blood round and one kid place. They also went to the Knockout in Florida. Maybe do a little more investigating. 

10 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

They will be wrestling tough tournaments the next 3 years. Beast and Knockout, just like they did this year. Wrestling in the Cleveland duals means nothing to DB success. DB has a great feeder program that started off as Hammer Wrestling. If you look at the best kids on that roster, all of them came up in that club. More of those kids will be at DB next year. The same kids that were winning club state duals championships will mostly be reunited at DB!!! We knew what we had, now you see it. Only going to get better. 

Um well I was referring to Wilson central and was giving DB props. 

6 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

Smh They did go to the Beast of the East this year. Maybe you don’t know much about tough wrestling outside the state of TN, but Beast is one the toughest three tournaments in country. Had two kids lose in blood round and one kid place. They also went to the Knockout in Florida. Maybe do a little more investigating. 

Man do u know how to comprehend? 

4 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Which makes the DB win over Summit super impressive because Summit did wrestle a really tough schedule. 

Summit has 2 or 3 really good kids that are surrounded by a group of kids that are still trying to climb to the top of the mountain

AA State Duals for the most part seemed to be more competitive this year than in the past. I could see/feel the energy in the building.  Parents pacing around and barking at each other. Just some really good matches, best I have seen at the state level.  I’ve watched all of these kids move up through AAU the past 10 years and can’t help but believe TN has improved tremendously on a national level.  Kids are competing and placing at the big tournaments to show the feedback.  Kids also moving on to the next level.

I think TSSAA should tweek the event some to wrestling out the 5th place match and actually give the kids a medal or something. We are talking about 75 teams down to 8 and that’s a long road to go a lot of work.

1st, 2nd, 3rd placers get plaques or whatever and 4th gets NADA.  Just seems it could be made bigger for what it has become.