Haywood 2023

stacmot

On 8/5/2023 at 9:53 AM, stacmot said:

"It was too much violence and nonsense going on," Walker said of why he wanted to leave Brownsville. "I was losing too many people and it was a toxic space for me."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/08/04/tennessee-high-school-football-cordero-walker-transfer-germantown-tssaa/70532708007/

I really can’t blame Mr. Walker.

I’ve always been a Haywood football fan, and I think my previous posts substantiate that.  True, the Tomcats have never won a state championship, but they have had a proud and glorious past.

However, the events that took place last February, the lack of discipline, and the lack of community support have finally taken their toll.  For the first time since I was a child, I’m not excited about the beginning of the high school football season.

That said, I would like to wish the Cats the best of luck during the 2024 season.

Chargerfan, it sounds like Covington will have another good season.  I wish the Chargers the best of luck as well.

I'm  wishing everyone a safe and injury-free season.

You have always been great to me and the media crew from Dyersburg. You are an incredible ambassador for the program and community. Hang in there. 

Someone posted a picture of the scoreboard at the Reservation and it showed North Side won 34-7. Not going to sit here and overreact to a scrimmage score, that's meaningless. However, I didn't think the Indians would win the game by 27, if true. 

The Indians are going to be better than what people expect because the team is going to have the ability to use their skillset on offense. Not saying they're going to win region, but don't pencil this team with an average to below average year just yet. Players deserve to have a good year with what they have been through.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Someone posted a picture of the scoreboard at the Reservation and it showed North Side won 34-7. Not going to sit here and overreact to a scrimmage score, that's meaningless. However, I didn't think the Indians would win the game by 27, if true. 

The Indians are going to be better than what people expect because the team is going to have the ability to use their skillset on offense. Not saying they're going to win region, but don't pencil this team with an average to below average year just yet. Players deserve to have a good year with what they have been through.

Aww I’m not penciling them out I was just wondering what was drastically different with Haywood only scoring like they did and letting north side do what they did 

11 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Y’all always have some great athlete’s at North Side . Sounds like Lowe is putting them in situations to excel. The last coach did not do that IMO. Seen it first hand. Maybe with better coaching you will also see some guys playing football that otherwise would not even play. Good luck on your season. 6-4A will be a lot more interesting with NS and SGC in it. 

12 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Y’all always have some great athlete’s at North Side . Sounds like Lowe is putting them in situations to excel. The last coach did not do that IMO. Seen it first hand. Maybe with better coaching you will also see some guys playing football that otherwise would not even play. Good luck on your season. 6-4A will be a lot more interesting with NS and SGC in it. 

Lowe is still going to have to win me over for this job. Not hating on the guy or anything, but last nights scrimmage can be a fluke at times. Winning at Crockett County will be a good start. Can they do that? I believe they can now. Beating SGC, Hardin, or Lexington will be even better knowing they'll have a shot to at least get a home playoff game. Don't forget that Chester County will be better this year, too.

I don't think the kids had fun playing the game of football under the previous coaching staff. If you attended our game last year, everyone in America knew the 4-5 plays North Side was going to run on offense. They, the coaching staff, never adjusted to anything. If teams did a good job of scouting on film against North Side, it was having a cheat sheet prior to a test. 

I haven't talked to all the players, but the ones I've talked to seemed to enjoy having Lowe there. They admit, he is better organizationally. Offense wise, they're going to throw the ball more (they have to). They're going to be fine under year 1 for Lowe. How good? Can't answer that.

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Amen. 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Lowe is still going to have to win me over for this job. Not hating on the guy or anything, but last nights scrimmage can be a fluke at times. Winning at Crockett County will be a good start. Can they do that? I believe they can now. Beating SGC, Hardin, or Lexington will be even better knowing they'll have a shot to at least get a home playoff game. Don't forget that Chester County will be better this year, too.

I don't think the kids had fun playing the game of football under the previous coaching staff. If you attended our game last year, everyone in America knew the 4-5 plays North Side was going to run on offense. They, the coaching staff, never adjusted to anything. If teams did a good job of scouting on film against North Side, it was having a cheat sheet prior to a test. 

I haven't talked to all the players, but the ones I've talked to seemed to enjoy having Lowe there. They admit, he is better organizationally. Offense wise, they're going to throw the ball more (they have to). They're going to be fine under year 1 for Lowe. How good? Can't answer that.

When Lowe was at Bolivar he took a horrible program and turned them into a contender, quickly. He did not have major success but they were certainly miles ahead of where they were and where they are now. My only bone with Lowe is that he never seems to stay anywhere long... Wish the Indians the best. I was tickled to hear they hired him. 

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

When Lowe was at Bolivar he took a horrible program and turned them into a contender, quickly. He did not have major success but they were certainly miles ahead of where they were and where they are now. My only bone with Lowe is that he never seems to stay anywhere long... Wish the Indians the best. I was tickled to hear they hired him. 

And that's the reason why I'm not sold on him. Now, he was at Bolivar and Fayette Ware as a head coach. He was an assistant at Lausanne sandwich in between the two. I will say neither Bolivar and Fayette Ware support their athletic programs. Not saying JMCSS does either, but who knows what will happen. At least North Side has been proven to have some success, just need the consistency. My only concern is his drive to and from work is a long drive. I hope that doesn't take a toll on his health.

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And that's the reason why I'm not sold on him. Now, he was at Bolivar and Fayette Ware as a head coach. He was an assistant at Lausanne sandwich in between the two. I will say neither Bolivar and Fayette Ware support their athletic programs. Not saying JMCSS does either, but who knows what will happen. At least North Side has been proven to have some success, just need the consistency. My only concern is his drive to and from work is a long drive. I hope that doesn't take a toll on his health.

Fair. At least Northside will not look like a complete joke on the field. I went to the SGC v Northside game last year and I honestly felt sorry for the kids. It was pathetic.