Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

Evidently they looked pretty exposed against Greeneville.  I heard from several people

No doubt Greeneville is a good team. As to go with four Sloths in the defensive backfield like last year I would go with a split four defense and play the run and take my chances but I'm not the coach and I trust their judgement. We don't have the athletes we have been accustomed to at Maryville like in the past. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No doubt Greeneville is a good team. As to go with four Sloths in the defensive backfield like last year I would go with a split four defense and play the run and take my chances but I'm not the coach and I trust their judgement. We don't have the athletes we have been accustomed to at Maryville like in the past. 

I’m sure Maryville would still look good when the big guys are there and it’s real football too

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, strongx said:

Are those the new luxury suites being constructed on the home side?

I noticed a couple of metal panels were off the back side of the stadium when I passed by a few times this week. I'm telling you they have stored so much stuff in that stadium with those panels off the backside it looks like Sanford and Son passing by.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

37 days until kickoff. Be nice if General Rebel who seems to have a lot of knowledge would pop on here with some updates. The biggest positive I hear is about Gage LaDue, who some have said he has really had a great off season in the weight room.

Looking at 5Star Preps "Team's Summer Schedule" Shows murvul NOT competing in any scrimmages or tournaments? 

No passing league activity? Must be expecting LaDue to carry the load this fall?:wacko:

image.png.d8f4017e18ed1f565b80e9f651051be5.png

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Looking at 5Star Preps "Team's Summer Schedule" Shows murvul NOT competing in any scrimmages or tournaments? 

No passing league activity? Must be expecting LaDue to carry the load this fall?:wacko:

image.png.d8f4017e18ed1f565b80e9f651051be5.png

Since everyone believe the Rebels are a has been and will barely make the playoffs- and now questions concerning them not being in a passing league- lets clear some things up.

They scrimmaged Anderson Co and Greenville in 7v7 before dead period.  And since everyone wants to go back to the good ole days of a state championship, lets look at the 2019 offensive stats.

Averages over the 15 games that year, resulting in a 15-0 record

Avg rushing attempts/yards per game- 38 for 244 yrds (70%)

Avg pass attempts/completions - 11 for 16 (30%) for 176 yds

Season scoring avg of 40 points per game

SO ARGUE THIS- DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Defense- Avg Total yards given up and points scored on 

2019- 159                   avg per game 8

2020- 242                   avg per game 11

2021- 222                  avg per game 13

2022 - 245                 avg per game 17

SO DO YOU THINK MARYVILLE IS IN THE TOILET BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ALL IN ON 7 ON 7 PASSING LEAGUES?  I think Maryville could care less about passing leagues.  Hold teams to under 200 yards and less than 10 points and you win ball games, period...

0 Questions on offense, my  prediction, offense will be more productive in 2023.  Gage is a stud but wait and see, other players will produce and become household names.  Offense line is bigger and faster this year than last.

***Thank you for various media outlets for providing historical stats