Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

Talked to a coaching friend from your area the other day and he told me that the knowledgeable Maryville fans saw this dip in the road coming, as these last couple of Senior classes lost multiple games in middle school. Where they take it from here remains to be seen. He also said that Hunt is safe for now. 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

Talked to a coaching friend from your area the other day and he told me that the knowledgeable Maryville fans saw this dip in the road coming, as these last couple of Senior classes lost multiple games in middle school. Where they take it from here remains to be seen. He also said that Hunt is safe for now. 

Their biggest strength was their coaching staff. GQ obviously, but Gaylor and Ellis leaving was a big dent in the armor. Hunt has done as good of a job as you can. No dynasty lasts forever. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I don't remember them losing multiple games at the middle school but for a while the numbers of kids out for football were in the low 30's and a lot of that had to do with parents getting scared over all the news coming out about head injuries and the side effects. Here recently those numbers have swelled back up to the one's we had in the past. Maryville as a school has grown in numbers but has benefited very very little from any talent moving in and the same with the county schools. The school can't take on anymore kids so tuition students wanting to come here and play is almost impossible no matter who you are. We do not have the athletes we once have had for some reason which isn't the coaches fault. Last year I saw a major mentality change which tends to go with every new generation of kids for some reason and I can tell you this ole boy didn't like it at all. That is very hard to explain but it showed it's ugly head at Cleveland last year. That loss and the way Oakland man handled us last year and how we bounce back from that could determine the fate of this program. After that Cleveland loss I never went back but watched from home where I could see a couple other games at the same time. After watching 60 and 70 game win streaks was like dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House versus feeling like you had a gas station bean burrito without something to drink coming back from that Cleveland game last year. I talked to one of the coaches a few days ago and he said we had a great group coming up from the junior high and I told him we always have, things change from the 7th and 8th grade to high school with kids. Some just quit for no reason and some peak out at that age and a lot of sleepers end out being your best players. I never count my chickens that early like some people do. I hope we do well this year and not ready to jump ship just over water cooler conversations I've listened to this year so far, I am ready for some football.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't remember them losing multiple games at the middle school but for a while the numbers of kids out for football were in the low 30's and a lot of that had to do with parents getting scared over all the news coming out about head injuries and the side effects. Here recently those numbers have swelled back up to the one's we had in the past. Maryville as a school has grown in numbers but has benefited very very little from any talent moving in and the same with the county schools. The school can't take on anymore kids so tuition students wanting to come here and play is almost impossible no matter who you are. We do not have the athletes we once have had for some reason which isn't the coaches fault. Last year I saw a major mentality change which tends to go with every new generation of kids for some reason and I can tell you this ole boy didn't like it at all. That is very hard to explain but it showed it's ugly head at Cleveland last year. That loss and the way Oakland man handled us last year and how we bounce back from that could determine the fate of this program. After that Cleveland loss I never went back but watched from home where I could see a couple other games at the same time. After watching 60 and 70 game win streaks was like dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House versus feeling like you had a gas station bean burrito without something to drink coming back from that Cleveland game last year. I talked to one of the coaches a few days ago and he said we had a great group coming up from the junior high and I told him we always have, things change from the 7th and 8th grade to high school with kids. Some just quit for no reason and some peak out at that age and a lot of sleepers end out being your best players. I never count my chickens that early like some people do. I hope we do well this year and not ready to jump ship just over water cooler conversations I've listened to this year so far, I am ready for some football.

Without a few lows, the highs aren’t as high. I think the team may be better in a few spots. Hopefully they don’t have a big drop off elsewhere. They will definitely miss #8 and the young man who broke his ankle. There are some good size kids on the team. It looks like the cafeteria has been doing a job!

7 minutes ago, strongx said:

Without a few lows, the highs aren’t as high. I think the team may be better in a few spots. Hopefully they don’t have a big drop off elsewhere. They will definitely miss #8 and the young man who broke his ankle. There are some good size kids on the team. It looks like the cafeteria has been doing a job!

I ran into Spanky at Wal Mart today and he is very high on the whole group of 9th graders. He said we will get some quality receivers and even out of the hole with the Qb situation in time. 

4 hours ago, strongx said:

#8 will be missed for sure, hope he locks them down on the next level.