Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hearing some positive news towards the Red Rebel Broadcast this fall which may have been addressed I hope. A lot of older fans that can't go to the games any longer were the ones who got the bad end of the stick when they let the basketball coach go who was the man on the mic in the press box also. What a lot of people don't know is that Maryville Football was the second rated team to watch on NFHS the year before only to turn on their televisions to watch the biggest $#!T Show to ever come across the TV screen and that was if they even came on air some weeks.

Yup. I did not renew my NFHS subscription last yr for this very reason. Would be interesting to know how many others did so as well. Probs major loss of revenue from the alliance between NFHS & MHS as a result.  Scott West’s replacement was a disaster, and I’ve heard in more ways than just this one. Hopefully the new hire will get the broadcast back up to speed for all to enjoy again. 

20 minutes ago, FarmTeam said:

Yup. I did not renew my NFHS subscription last yr for this very reason. Would be interesting to know how many others did so as well. Probs major loss of revenue from the alliance between NFHS & MHS as a result.  Scott West’s replacement was a disaster, and I’ve heard in more ways than just this one. Hopefully the new hire will get the broadcast back up to speed for all to enjoy again. 

A lot of people were upset to beat the band about that last year. That's what happens when you bring in someone who don't quite get it how important that football program ties into that school and the people who support it. Back when I attened Maryville we had a great principal named William Bill Driskill you could always count on opening and closing the gate as the players either entered or exited that field on the visitor side near the weight room every ballgame. Mr. Driskill knew the importance in having a good competitive sports program because he was considered one of Clinton High School's most cherished athlete's. He was a star player in football and basketball in 45,46 & 47 and won a scholarship to Tennessee Tech for those skills. he followed the Red Rebels and you could count on seeing him at every game. The new principal, well she gave her season tickets away because she don't care about going.

Looks like Alcoa is moving forward with the NIL thing under the name Pistol Creek Athletic Club. Not sure if Maryville has done anything or not regarding the NIL issue. Seems to me by doing so your in another catagory like the private schools. I'm sure the rich will get richer and the poor will not be able to compete. If one school only in the county were doing this it would lure in kids from everywhere. The one winning argument I see was the kids devote so much time into their sport that they can't work or have to give up the sport in order to do so. The first thing I though of after seeing that article was a kid I talked to one night two years ago at BoJangles and he ask if I knew the Heritage score. He then told me he played the year before at Heritage but had to take a job to help pay for his ride to school. I have heard pros and cons but in this case it may help the schools like Heritage get some of those kids out on the football field that really wants to play.

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Looks like Alcoa is moving forward with the NIL thing under the name Pistol Creek Athletic Club. Not sure if Maryville has done anything or not regarding the NIL issue. Seems to me by doing so your in another catagory like the private schools. I'm sure the rich will get richer and the poor will not be able to compete. If one school only in the county were doing this it would lure in kids from everywhere. The one winning argument I see was the kids devote so much time into their sport that they can't work or have to give up the sport in order to do so. The first thing I though of after seeing that article was a kid I talked to one night two years ago at BoJangles and he ask if I knew the Heritage score. He then told me he played the year before at Heritage but had to take a job to help pay for his ride to school. I have heard pros and cons but in this case it may help the schools like Heritage get some of those kids out on the football field that really wants to play.

The Barber Shop only has so much money. 
County schools are the beneficiaries this year. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

TSSAA voted approval for an NIL Program December 2022.

https://tssaa.org/name-image-likeness

https://www.wvlt.tv/2022/12/08/high-school-athletes-now-able-make-money-nil-deals-tssaa-rules/

https://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/pistol-creek-athletic-club-launch-showcases-good-community-support-for-local-nil/article_e93b867a-2736-11ee-8914-dfd203f5e9ad.html

This is available for ALL NIL Collectives and does NOT make or change a programs classification to "Private". :rolleyes:

image.png.595079fb561049c6cc820ff58a7b72f3.png

Edited by BCsportsfan

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Only a few programs will even understand it and most won't be able to afford to get into the legal issues of it. I'm just saying after a certain time when it becomes clear who can and who can't and the separation between the haves and the have nots starts to look like the 1973 Kentucky Derby I'm sure some of the have nots will want the lines redrawn.

1 hour ago, strongx said:

Christmas Day garbage service, 7v7, NIL…where does it end? I understand one of the local schools is now bringing in prospects from across the pond, and I ain’t talking about the duck pond. Nellie may need some pontoons attached for that recruiting trip!

No problem. Alcoa got more ships than any other team...............

Cruise Dance GIF - Cruise Dance Moves GIFs