Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

10 hours ago, alphaking95 said:

Most question marks in a game for mairvul in last 20 yrs?

Most smart Maryville fans realize the big ride is finally over. The short supply of really  good athelets has showed it's ugly head and what it can actually do. It's left Maryville fans talking about the youth that is coming up from the 8th grade which most smart people that have been around a while know that all changes. My biggest dissapointment is all the people moving in to this area didn't bring any football players with them, only the fruits and nuts from California came which should add more problems to the school system as a whole which I'm just about ready to separate myself if it gets any worse like the stupid principal they fished out of Florida. The Oakland roadblock which seems to have grown so big has taken it out of a lot of big time Maryville fans and became so predictable and now Alcoa and West have finally caught up and passed us. The bad thing is Bradley Central and Bearden may possibly join the crowd this year and who knows if there may be another surprise like Cleveland in the mix that ended a streak that started before those kids were even born. We still have a good coaching staff but their backs are really going to be on the wall this year. The big question mark in my opinion was last year just a fluke or will this group return us back to glory. There is a big difference in reloading or rebuilding. Rebuilding has always been the brand of football most teams go by but reloading has always been the brand Maryville strives on.

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Most smart Maryville fans realize the big ride is finally over. The short supply of really  good athelets has showed it's ugly head and what it can actually do. It's left Maryville fans talking about the youth that is coming up from the 8th grade which most smart people that have been around a while know that all changes. My biggest dissapointment is all the people moving in to this area didn't bring any football players with them, only the fruits and nuts from California came which should add more problems to the school system as a whole which I'm just about ready to separate myself if it gets any worse like the stupid principal they fished out of Florida. The Oakland roadblock which seems to have grown so big has taken it out of a lot of big time Maryville fans and became so predictable and now Alcoa and West have finally caught up and passed us. The bad thing is Bradley Central and Bearden may possibly join the crowd this year and who knows if there may be another surprise like Cleveland in the mix that ended a streak that started before those kids were even born. We still have a good coaching staff but their backs are really going to be on the wall this year. The big question mark in my opinion was last year just a fluke or will this group return us back to glory. There is a big difference in reloading or rebuilding. Rebuilding has always been the brand of football most teams go by but reloading has always been the brand Maryville strives on.

Barney

Go back and watch the 2018 and 2020 Maryville v Oakland.  Both were complete beat downs.  This past years semifinal matchup was at least closer despite the fact that '18 and '20 were still the "glory days", much more talent than last years team.  Bradley will be much more talented and Bearden as well, but that hasn't EVER stopped Maryville.  For 20+ years, Maryville on paper typically has far fewer future-college players but somehow, they always manage to win a majority of their games with teams having alot more D1 players.  They do this by coaching and getting kids to buy into a team concept.  I think Maryville excels when the nah-sayers rule them out.  I think it will take until week 3 before you see what Maryville can or can't do.  And Maryville will be underdogs in that game based on Bradley loading up on talent in the off-season.  Correct me if I am wrong, but Bradley will have at least 5-D1 commits that include the states top player.  Heritage will be a closer game than typical because Heritage has gotten better, not because Maryville is falling apart.  Central, week 2, will not give Maryville much of a game. 

• Sad 1

Oakland has passed Maryville. I am not ready to say Alcoa and West passed Maryville. West has only beaten Maryville twice. It took their best team in history to do it.  I know one of the assistants told my brother that he thinks Maryville will be good. He said the kids have really worked hard this off season.

8 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I gua-ron-Tee the Red Rebels will, at least make the semifinals this upcoming season. Gage Ladue will be a beast this upcoming season.

He will be very exciting to see. Love watching his stop on a dime and start motion. My only wish is that he isn't run to death because we do have other good backs and no sense in over using someone like Vaughn was done last year. This totally goes against anything Maryville has ever done in the past. I realize the passing game was slow to come around last year until the end but we've never run a kid over and over like he's Earl Campbell. That's a recipe schools like Karns would do with Bishop, letting everyone know that's all you got and your regular season record ends just like the Beavers 7-3.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Yeah, they about ran poor Bishop to death. He is one of the best RBs I’ve ever seen in this side of the state, though, especially considering the line he was running behind. He may surprise some folks with the Vols, I think.

11 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, they about ran poor Bishop to death. He is one of the best RBs I’ve ever seen in this side of the state, though, especially considering the line he was running behind. He may surprise some folks with the Vols, I think.

The first time I saw Bishop play was against Heritage and he was a freshman and I believe he ran between 350 and 400 yards that night. UT got a good one in Bishop.

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The first time I saw Bishop play was against Heritage and he was a freshman and I believe he ran between 350 and 400 yards that night. UT got a good one in Bishop.

That vision and natural ability is not taught. It’s a shame he wasn’t born 30 yrs earlier when running the ball was king.