Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

12 hours ago, strongx said:

With the our local property taxes doubling, or HOF teacher retiring, and the decision to not accept tuition students, Christmas garbage service may need to expand to offer more perks to prospective students.

sx......Hits a shaim thait evurbodee att 825 aint all inn and rowin' inn tha saim direckshun ennymoore.....:unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, strongx said:

Ever since the push to have kids focus on one sport, all three primary sports teams have gotten worse. Maybe there aren’t enough Opies and the sports are better off sharing them?

lots of schools encourage a second sport.  london humphries at CPA excelled at 5 sports!  who doesn't love watching that?  I think he cut it down to 3 sports this year.

6 hours ago, strongx said:

Ever since the push to have kids focus on one sport, all three primary sports teams have gotten worse. Maybe there aren’t enough Opies and the sports are better off sharing them?

Yep.  There are a few schools in this area, most of them 6A schools, where the coaches are selfish and pretty much threaten their kids with spots on the roster if they choose to play another sport, especially football.  

I have no respect for coaches who do that.  They are kids and only get the opportunity to play high school sports once.  Depriving them of that opportunity by pressuring them not to play another sport is a slimeball move.  

• Like 1

When you have to count on a freshman as QB that means you have no one that is capable of running the offense and will be learning on the job especially not being able to play spring practice because they're not allowed to being at the junior high. That would be a desparation move if that were to happen. I watched the Alcoa and Maryville Middle School game and last year and Alcoa fumbled the ball on the one yard line was the only reason Maryville won. Maryville clearly got outplayed in the second half. The Maryville Qb is a good player but some people want to make him out to be his older brother right now and that won't happen for a while until he matures with time. Personally I think the Cobble kid will do a great job and he has paid his dues and understands the system so will the freshman kid eventually. 

40 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When you have to count on a freshman as QB that means you have no one that is capable of running the offense and will be learning on the job especially not being able to play spring practice because they're not allowed to being at the junior high. That would be a desparation move if that were to happen. I watched the Alcoa and Maryville Middle School game and last year and Alcoa fumbled the ball on the one yard line was the only reason Maryville won. Maryville clearly got outplayed in the second half. The Maryville Qb is a good player but some people want to make him out to be his older brother right now and that won't happen for a while until he matures with time. Personally I think the Cobble kid will do a great job and he has paid his dues and understands the system so will the freshman kid eventually. 

Alcoa's Defensive secondary and three interceptions kept the game close. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I agree on the kid that has been there.

Interesting fact… about seven or eight years ago we had the opportunity to let our eighth graders participate at the varsity level - at least in jv. It was due to the eighth graders being with the ninth graders at a different school and the ninth graders were already eligible. T$$AA confirmed. Murvil admin attempted to silence that info and then went to the school board to pass a rule to NOT allow it. I never understood how that helped the kids.

Regardless, we ain’t playing 2A like our neighbors so frosh QBs are not really an option coming out of middle school ball. Give the young kid a chance to learn - maybe he gets in the mix at other positions to get his feet wet.