D1 AA Preview And Predictions

Bump11

Russell Ford got Hosed. Bosken stalled the entire third period and overtime. literally didn’t even move a muscle but somehow got one stall call at the very end of the third period. Then Ford loses on a caution. it’s sad.  Refs definitely goofed on a control call in OT when Bosken got away and somehow they said Ford still had control, but it never should’ve gotten to that point. Piss poor officiating both ways. 

Edited by Bump11

17 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Looks like the team title will come down to Cleveland and Summit.  I don’t think Wilson Central can get enough finalists. Not sure Bradley or DB can catch up.  For the team title a huge semis match will be Russell and Justice at 195.  It may come down to the consolation matches. 

can’t wait! 

7 hours ago, PackMentality said:

Should be fun.  The problem for other teams is that Cleveland is very likely to have 6 in the finals with at least a realistic possibility of 8. The most I see Summit getting in the finals is 4.  WC likely will only have 2. Cleveland just has much more room for misses.

i was also thinking 6, 4, and 2. All 3 have an opportunity for more though. Dobyns should get 3 with a possibility of a 4th. Bradley likely has atleast 3 with a possibility of 5. Then you have Science Hill, Oakland, Blackman, Brentwood, Nolensville, Clarksville, and Maryville all trying to play spoiler with multiple semifinalists. Definitely should be an exciting day!

I actually did a lot better than i was expecting. 

24/28 finalists (86%) including all 14 predicted champions in the final

69/84 medalists (82%) including a perfect 6 for 6 at 106, 120, 145, 160, and 182

almost perfect 9 of 10 teams in the top 10 right now (thanks Science Hill lol)

not too shabby!

Ill try to get a “Finals” preview put together tonight

• Like 1

Finals Picks:

106- #1 Cordero (Cleveland) vs #2 Colson (Blackman)

We will start the afternoon with the first of twelve 1 vs 2 finals. (Props to Hamm for rankings accuracy). If anyone was going to take down Cordero, it was gonna be Colson or Rincon. Sebron left no doubt that he was the one to challenge Jose when he manhandled Rincon in the semis with relative ease. Does he have enough to take care of business against Jose for a second time this year? While my heart says yes, my head isn’t so sure. I’ll stick with my initial pick and take Cordero, but i would expect a competitive much.

Prediction: Cordero by decision

113- #1 Chase Walker (Cleveland) vs #2 Mason Jakob (Dobyns Bennett)

Cleveland’s 2nd of 4 straight finalists, defending state champion Chase Walker, will look to cap off a stellar sophomore season with a second straight state title. Standing in his way, Dobyns freshman stud Mason Jakob, who is looking to give the Indians their 5th state champion in program history. My initial pick was Jakob, and i’ve had no reason to falter on that. As i predicted previously, i think this is your “Best Match” award winner, and it is the one i look forward to the most tomorrow. It’s time to realistically start preparing for Dobyns to potentially have back to back D1 large school 4x state champs, the first ones since Knox Fuller (2014-2017). 

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Mason Jakob show. 

Prediction: Jakob by decision

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1