Centennial

fredjones

10 hours ago, MSURacer said:

We all understand how population works. That isn’t the issue. The issue is that you are pretending that population, money, and location does not play a role in the Wilco schools’ record against Henry County, when anyone with eyes and a fraction of sense realizes it does. 

And yes, the Wilco publics have been largely underwhelming given their location, money, and population. They do offer up some parity, but not much else. 

How is population that big of a factor? HC is bigger than page by like 200 students. Centennial and Nolensville are about the same as HC and the 6a schools are only larger by about 2-3 hundred students. If population was that big of a factor Collierville and Bartlet would be winning the championship every year. The money is not what you think it is. Yes, the county is wealthy, but it's all divided amongst the schools, and they put academics first. Whereas in Henry County, it's all concentrated on one high school. 

Ok.  If that's the case, HC has been even more overwhelming, and everyone not named Oakland and Alcoa have been underwhelming.

Edited by MidStateFan1
g

21 hours ago, MSURacer said:

We all understand how population works. That isn’t the issue. The issue is that you are pretending that population, money, and location does not play a role in the Wilco schools’ record against Henry County, when anyone with eyes and a fraction of sense realizes it does. 

And yes, the Wilco publics have been largely underwhelming given their location, money, and population. They do offer up some parity, but not much else. 

I sincerely gotta ask, what is your issue with Wilco? This ain't the first time I've seen you jump all over that system. You seem to have an axe to grind with them and Montgomery County both. 

1 hour ago, PurpleCat said:

I sincerely gotta ask, what is your issue with Wilco? This ain't the first time I've seen you jump all over that system. You seem to have an axe to grind with them and Montgomery County both. 

In fairness, I kinda threw a shot at his team when I brought up WIlco's success against Henry County. He probably has an axe to grind with Montgomery County schools all opting to play 6a which puts Henry in a much tougher region haha.

On 3/16/2023 at 8:47 PM, PurpleCat said:

Now why you gotta do me like that? :mrgreen:

I honestly don’t have a problem with Wilco, I just felt like grilling MidStateFan. He’s like the only Williamson County homer on this site and I wanted to clap back at his dig at HC. It’s nothing personal, I actually live in Williamson County. 

As for Clarksville, I do talk a lot of smack, but it’s mainly due to all the lost potential over there. But competitively? I love those guys. Probably the single biggest enhancement factor of HC’s all-time record. 

23 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

In fairness, I kinda threw a shot at his team when I brought up WIlco's success against Henry County. He probably has an axe to grind with Montgomery County schools all opting to play 6a which puts Henry in a much tougher region haha.

Lol true. It's hard to tell if they are happy or sad about the Clarksville schools leaving. I've seen mixed messages, but no doubt they will have a tougher road now. Personally I think they will sorely miss how easy their regions have been. 

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

You’re right!  If Henry County played all of the WCS programs annually instead of the CMCSS programs then they would resemble Perry County or Middleton rather than what they’ve been.  They are a big fish that lives off of beating defenseless fish.  If they played WCS programs week in and week out they’d be 2-8 or 3-7 in a hurry.  

I mean, no s**t. The early 2000s kinda proves this. It was literally my point. 

Didn't you just say HC has a ton of "advantages" a couple posts up?  

29 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Now why you gotta do me like that? :mrgreen:

I honestly don’t have a problem with Wilco, I just felt like grilling MidStateFan. He’s like the only Williamson County homer on this site and I wanted to clap back at his dig at HC. It’s nothing personal, I actually live in Williamson County. 

As for Clarksville, I do talk a lot of smack, but it’s mainly due to all the lost potential over there. But competitively? I love those guys. Probably the single biggest enhancement factor of HC’s all-time record. 

Lol you've always seemed to be a pretty reasonable poster. That's why I was asking about the Wilco and Montgomery tangents. Don't you think it's gonna be a much tougher road in your new region? 

1 minute ago, PurpleCat said:

Lol you've always seemed to be a pretty reasonable poster. That's why I was asking about the Wilco and Montgomery tangents. Don't you think it's gonna be a much tougher road in your new region? 

Oh no doubt. I would not at all be shocked with 5-5 next year. It's a young team. If leadership fails to establish itself it could be even worse. But I think Coach Counce is good enough to keep it afloat.