Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

1 hour ago, olhickory said:

Saw it live, AC kicker  started it off by blasting a kickoff into the endzone, and each team got ten plays.  Both teams moved the ball, BC got the first score of the ten plays, but AC moved the ball with moog and the new qb1.  New QB can throw in and take off with it when he needs to.  I will tell ya this, both teams hit some shots.  It was a physical game, one player exited the game with his facemask torn off his helmet.  They got after each other and that is fun to watch.  FIrst scrimmages that are 10 play drives are what they are.  Good work for lots of kids, Mavs made some great plays against a very good Bradley team who happens to have two SEC athletes on  the field I am told.  Bradley will be in the 6A hunt for the Championship, and the Mavs will be in the 4A championship hunt as long as both teams stay healthy.   This Maverick team is finding their identity, the coaches are coaching them hard, and this team will be just fine.  If you have been around the program , you know theses coaches will put a good product on the field.  We will see improvement from them each week just like we always do. 

Olhickory Great report and I trust your reporting. Mavs started last year with a rough time against West scrimmage but came back stronger and stronger and we know the rest of story. Great news Mavs are doing well. Just staying healthy. 

2 hours ago, GoatLocker said:

Cody Miller, was playing all over.   Could not figure out Davy's Plan.  LB, Tight end, slot receiver,  QB.   Hall looked calm,  and for the first live action, handle it Well.   Like to see him become more of a leader on the sidelines.  Hall will get in the grove soon.

After many seasons I am optimistic the Mavs have planned on a good backup QB with two backup game plans. While playoffs seem distant they have to be prepared for anything during the season. I am sure they have. State championships don't come easy and they did it. A lot of variables between now and the playoffs. Every player will need to step up this season, sidelines and all. 1 game at a time. And Powell should be the focus as it is. Go Mavs it's almost football time.

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Olhickory Great report and I trust your reporting. Mavs started last year with a rough time against West scrimmage but came back stronger and stronger and we know the rest of story. Great news Mavs are doing well. Just staying healthy. 

I was there as well and all of this is true. No one wants to talk about playing a big physical Bradley Central to get prepared. Let the hate begin. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2023 at 7:03 PM, Bozothemav said:

Don’t spread lies 

The 1st 3 games are going to tell a lot about how the season will go. I think we could go 3-0 but I think we could go 0-3 also. I seen the replay of the scrimmage AC line looked pretty good. Moog is coming off a knee injury and will get more confident each week. The QB and the WR’s will get better every week also. I just hope we don’t loose early and kids loose faith.  But they are high school kids coming off an undefeated season losing early could derail this team. I wish we had some easy games to start the season. AC has a very tough schedule.  Go Mavs!!!

4 minutes ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

The 1st 3 games are going to tell a lot about how the season will go. I think we could go 3-0 but I think we could go 0-3 also. I seen the replay of the scrimmage AC line looked pretty good. Moog is coming off a knee injury and will get more confident each week. The QB and the WR’s will get better every week also. I just hope we don’t loose early and kids loose faith.  But they are high school kids coming off an undefeated season losing early could derail this team. I wish we had some easy games to start the season. AC has a very tough schedule.  Go Mavs!!!

Couple of examples for you..... 1999 Oakland just won a title like AC opened the season against MBA, Hendersonville and Riverdale. Lost all 3 games, then reeled off 10 wins in a row to make it to the semis. Example #2, Maryville started the 2000 season 0-4 and then ran the table to win the state title.

AC's schedule isn't easy, but their toughest match-ups are non-region and they're at least one class higher. There will be no doubt where AC stands going into the postseason and they'll be about as battle ready as you can be and better for it.

This is why culture is so important, a program with a bad culture is going to tuck tail and run at the first sign of adversity. I don't think a program like AC is the type to wilt if they come out slow

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

How on earth would we lose faith. Our coaches won’t let that happen. 

1 hour ago, Bozothemav said:

How on earth would we lose faith. Our coaches won’t let that happen. 

No in No wise. Just the opposite The Mavs have Faith that can move mountains.!  Well not literally, of course lol Coaches are IMO best in the state but that's my opinion. Been on here long enough to know good staff. You don't almost win championships through the years then you finish with a state championship. That's Great Staff! And this year will be another Great one for the Mavs! 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

On 7/31/2023 at 11:44 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Couple of examples for you..... 1999 Oakland just won a title like AC opened the season against MBA, Hendersonville and Riverdale. Lost all 3 games, then reeled off 10 wins in a row to make it to the semis. Example #2, Maryville started the 2000 season 0-4 and then ran the table to win the state title.

AC's schedule isn't easy, but their toughest match-ups are non-region and they're at least one class higher. There will be no doubt where AC stands going into the postseason and they'll be about as battle ready as you can be and better for it.

This is why culture is so important, a program with a bad culture is going to tuck tail and run at the first sign of adversity. I don't think a program like AC is the type to wilt if they come out slow

AC(Golden Arch Land)’s schedule would be much tougher if they counted ALL the students on their campus, but instead they are too scared to play any kind of big boy football instead opting to play in 4A. Their region is softer than a bag of marshmallows and that’s a man insult to marshmallows. 

The Golden Arch Mavs have run for years from play a decent out of conference schedule, much like Alcoa. Now that they backdoored they way into a state title, it’s harder for them to run. I see they finally got the courage up to put Coach TopHat’s Dragons’s back on the schedule. 

Golden Arch fans please do not mistake the statement above as me comparing Coach Davy Crockett to Gary Rankin.

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

AC(Golden Arch Land)’s schedule would be much tougher if they counted ALL the students on their campus, but instead they are too scared to play any kind of big boy football instead opting to play in 4A. Their region is softer than a bag of marshmallows and that’s a man insult to marshmallows. 

The Golden Arch Mavs have run for years from play a decent out of conference schedule, much like Alcoa. Now that they backdoored they way into a state title, it’s harder for them to run. I see they finally got the courage up to put Coach TopHat’s Dragons’s back on the schedule. 

Golden Arch fans please do not mistake the statement above as me comparing Coach Davy Crockett to Gary Rankin.

Oh boy you are just ranting Jealousy. Seriously you pulled this one out of the back pocket. Shooting at the stars. Trust you are not going to hit one. 

• Upvote 1