2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

Unfortunately, I believe there's no criteria to win this award. I know they may say it goes to the best player that performs well on the field, as well as be a great person off the field. I'm sure all the players that were mentioned previous are great people as well, so that does cancel out. Just because so and so from school A is a great kid, doesn't mean so and so from school B is not.

When it comes to the "award" and I will still go by who the best player is, that'll be Kumaro Brown. The only problem for Kumaro is that he may have missed a game already (don't have his official stats) and he may not have the carries as well. Honestly, it is all about usage rate. Lake County may need Mullins to run for 400+ yards so they can win a game. MASE doesn't really need Brown have to get Brown close to 400 yards, not in August-October at least. 

It's similar to Mr./Mrs. Basketball

Player A may need to get 30-35 points per game so his/her team can win.

Player B has the luxury to not have to worry about getting 30-35 points, but is still an overall better player than player A. Just doesn't have to get the stats to prove.

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Unfortunately, I believe there's no criteria to win this award. I know they may say it goes to the best player that performs well on the field, as well as be a great person off the field. I'm sure all the players that were mentioned previous are great people as well, so that does cancel out. Just because so and so from school A is a great kid, doesn't mean so and so from school B is not.

When it comes to the "award" and I will still go by who the best player is, that'll be Kumaro Brown. The only problem for Kumaro is that he may have missed a game already (don't have his official stats) and he may not have the carries as well. Honestly, it is all about usage rate. Lake County may need Mullins to run for 400+ yards so they can win a game. MASE doesn't really need Brown have to get Brown close to 400 yards, not in August-October at least. 

Player B has the luxury to not have to worry about getting 30-35 points, but is still an overall better player than player A. Just doesn't have to get the stats to prove.

True patna. Perfect example of dat is Raquis Hale of South Pitt in 2010. 

If that’s the case Cameron Whitaker should have won it in 2018. Cornersville was up 40+ at the half every game and never saw the field after halftime. He got runner up. 

Bro … he hasn’t even played a snap . He’s out . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Calvin Mullins Lake Co! 1337 yds in 5 games and 3 quality opponents Central Dyersburg Dresden. Kid rode a bike 8 miles one way to sack groceries to help out his family. True underdog story! Past two games 335 against SF and 421 against Halls. 68 can get you official stats but the kids a gladiator 

I understand that, and I wish him and the Falcons the best throughout the remainder of the year. However, is that a good thing? What did he do against Dyersburg, Dresden, and Obion Central? I'm not going to say he is "stat padding" because Lake County was in a dogfight against South Fulton. With that being said, if he rushes for 350+ yards against Humboldt, then I'll be worried if I'm a Lake County fan.

9 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I understand that, and I wish him and the Falcons the best throughout the remainder of the year. However, is that a good thing? What did he do against Dyersburg, Dresden, and Obion Central? I'm not going to say he is "stat padding" because Lake County was in a dogfight against South Fulton. With that being said, if he rushes for 350+ yards against Humboldt, then I'll be worried if I'm a Lake County fan.

Central 165

Dyersburg 168

Dresden 265

And I totally get what you’re saying but watch him play. Watch and you’ll be a believer. I’m a homer but realist kids one of the best players in the state

22 minutes ago, MCMAN99 said:

Now what do you say?  Still Ben over Dawson?

Dawson will or should win it no doubt. Ben still had a good game 9-10 yards a carry, but when a you got a QB that can run it the way he does and throw it too that’s tough.

He is a special player enjoy it, because those are a dime in a dozen or maybe more!