Uperman and south rd 1

ball21

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

If the truth be told I don’t think either team wanted to draw the other one first round and every other team in tournament benefits from this matchup. Either way it’s going to be a war and you just wonder how much you have left after it’s over. Time will tell

49 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If it was a Thursday, Friday and Saturday venue it would be really tough to win it all. Both are fortunate it is a Tues., Thurs. and Saturday event. 

I don't think that the effect that will bother the winner will be physical. Slaying the dragon will most likely cause a letdown, then having to play out the rest of the tournament afterward. Happened a few years back in the boy's side...Booker T looked unbeatable but got beat in OT by Lake Co. (probably second best team in it) after LC hit a 75 foot three at the buzzer to go to OT. Perry Co. then eliminated LC, but was beaten in the championship. Booker T, then LC, then Perry Co. were (IMO) the three best teams in the state and none of them got the gold ball because of letdowns after upsetting the favorites.

8 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I don't think that the effect that will bother the winner will be physical. Slaying the dragon will most likely cause a letdown, then having to play out the rest of the tournament afterward. Happened a few years back in the boy's side...Booker T looked unbeatable but got beat in OT by Lake Co. (probably second best team in it) after LC hit a 75 foot three at the buzzer to go to OT. Perry Co. then eliminated LC, but was beaten in the championship. Booker T, then LC, then Perry Co. were (IMO) the three best teams in the state and none of them got the gold ball because of letdowns after upsetting the favorites.

In 2016, we were undefeated and beat Van Buren County in OT, who was the representative in the Clarkrange Region, then we beat undefeated Middleton who had been 70-0 and just blowing people out and then lost to South Green in the final minute of the game. Tough brackets can bite you at some point.

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Sounds like they are invincible. 

It sound like you want someone to bash upperman for entertainment man. South side girls are playing well, so is upperman. They play who’s on the schedule. This same team gave upperman a game last year, and this same team is back. South Gibson is also in the tournament. Southside beat them all 4 times this year. That’s no easy feat. It’ll be a good game neither the less

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

SS is undefeated haven’t played a meaningful game that they were challenged since last year. What I mean by that is Christmas tournaments are one thing but when your season is on the line in a tight ball game things tighten up. Everyone on here is making them out to be unbeatable and they just might be. Upperman has been playing one possession games for the win all post season. LA is no joke and they are the favorite to come out of the upper bracket. 

We are very beatable! Just like every other team in the state tournament! Nobody should be talking about regular season or any records right now. Everybody is 0-0 in a single Elimination game. LA is decent for sure but is very beatable! OAN South Gibson is capable of beating anyone in Murfreesboro, that doesn’t exclude us! Every team is there for a reason, gotta play the game 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

I agree with most of what you said.  I think La vs Greeneville winner will represent that side and SS vs Upperman will represent the other side.  I wouldn’t call LA a favorite but a strong contender. An LA fan already said Seymour was tough for the Substate and Greeneville dominated that game from start to finish with a 25 point win since Seymour beat LA earlier in the year.  Should be a good first round game for all 4 teams first round 

Greeneville finds themselves in the same exact place as last year, losing in the regional and traveling to Seymour. Last year's game in the sectional with Seymour wasn't even close. Greeneville lost in the first-round in last year' state tourney. This year, if they win their first game in the tourney, they just might catch fire.

6 hours ago, Kruger77 said:

It sound like you want someone to bash upperman for entertainment man. South side girls are playing well, so is upperman. They play who’s on the schedule. This same team gave upperman a game last year, and this same team is back. South Gibson is also in the tournament. Southside beat them all 4 times this year. That’s no easy feat. It’ll be a good game neither the less

Not at all you misunderstood my post. Sometimes we all have teams that come along once in a generation this might be that team for you guys. That’s all I meant. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Not at all you misunderstood my post. Sometimes we all have teams that come along once in a generation this might be that team for you guys. That’s all I meant. 

I understand that statement very well. Upperman and SS are both extremely good and have been on a good run for a while. If Upperman beats SS, I won't be shocked since I was shocked last year when it happened. I'm going on my feeling on this one, but no matter who wins.....they're deserving. I wished if you played in the championship finals last year against each other, there was a system to make sure that you don't play that team in the 1st round in back-to-back years. It is what it is, but that's just another opinion view of mine. If SS and Upperman weren't facing each other and both got to the finals again, that'd be a story book finish in 3A.