McKenzie vs Wayne County predictions

HawkGuy06

3 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

My obvious pick.  See profile pic.  Baugus is fantastic.  She is a machine. Honestly, you can't stop her.  So, you have to contain everyone else.  Also, fouls and the depth of McKenzie bench, or lack thereof is crucial.  This one should be a battle. If the Rebels come out shooting the way they did today, they will be hard to stop.  When Davis, Reynolds x 2, and Chesser are popping from the outside, it is hard to handle.  

Can't wait!  THE REMATCH IS HERE!  Everyone picked these two last year to be back and here we are.  

Without a doubt they are the best 1A teams.

10 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

My obvious pick.  See profile pic.  Baugus is fantastic.  She is a machine. Honestly, you can't stop her.  So, you have to contain everyone else.  Also, fouls and the depth of McKenzie bench, or lack thereof is crucial.  This one should be a battle. If the Rebels come out shooting the way they did today, they will be hard to stop.  When Davis, Reynolds x 2, and Chesser are popping from the outside, it is hard to handle.  

Can't wait!  THE REMATCH IS HERE!  Everyone picked these two last year to be back and here we are.  

Good luck to the Lady Rebs today! I always favor area teams, but I can honestly sit back and enjoy this one as a neutral fan...we have a long (if infrequent) history with Wayne Co., so whomever wins I can honestly be happy about it. You mentioned shooting well, and I honestly can't remember if ever the teams have shot as well as this year in the glass house. Most years (especially 1A/2A) shooting has been a problem, and depth perception has been the logical explanation, from playing in small gyms with walls behind the baskets. Game after game, I've watched three's fall at a high percentage from just about everyone... just wanted your (everyone's) opinion on why? Easy answer is Steph and his game being emulated. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, cat1973 said:

That just joined an hour ago. lol

I think Mckenzie wins this one after watching huntland play both teams WC beats us by 3 in OT on a last second shot and foul and Mckenzie beat us by 10 I don't think WC guard play is strong enough to handle Mckenzie ball pressure 

10 minutes ago, mw77 said:

I think Mckenzie wins this one after watching huntland play both teams WC beats us by 3 in OT on a last second shot and foul and Mckenzie beat us by 10 I don't think WC guard play is strong enough to handle Mckenzie ball pressure 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

43 minutes ago, cat1973 said:

That just joined an hour ago. lol

Doesn't matter when i joined, i am entitled to my opinion, just like you said. I have watched every WC game , and i have watched several McKenzie games. I think WC can win, but they will have to play their best game of the season. I hope they do!! I think these teams will see alot of each other in the next few years.

47 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Good luck to the Lady Rebs today! I always favor area teams, but I can honestly sit back and enjoy this one as a neutral fan...we have a long (if infrequent) history with Wayne Co., so whomever wins I can honestly be happy about it. You mentioned shooting well, and I honestly can't remember if ever the teams have shot as well as this year in the glass house. Most years (especially 1A/2A) shooting has been a problem, and depth perception has been the logical explanation, from playing in small gyms with walls behind the baskets. Game after game, I've watched three's fall at a high percentage from just about everyone... just wanted your (everyone's) opinion on why? Easy answer is Steph and his game being emulated. Thoughts?

The players who worked the most in the offseasons can shoot the ball in any gym.  McKenzie might be the best shooting team in the tournament.  They are a fun team to watch play and I also enjoy watching baugus play.  I can't remember another girl having such a vertical. 

48 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Hey don’t knock someone for coming on board. We’re all rookies atp. I just think Wayne Co is too much for McKenzie this time around. Guess we’ll find out in a bit who’s gonna be toting a Gold Ball Home. 

Just don't think it's a WC fan. 

Edited by cat1973

The 2 best 1A teams in the state. Both teams have showed that they deserve to be playing for the state championship. WC has an impressive record while McKenzie has overcome injuries and also played top notch competition. Hopefully the Lady Rebels can get the win. Should be one of the best games in Murfreesboro. 

GO REBELS