Miss Basketball

BigFan1966

19 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Ramsey from Unaka is most definitely the best 1A player in the State this Season. IF the Award is for the most complete player on any team regardless of record then she will win. 

Apparently it's not. 

If a girl can average 30 a game with 10+ rebounds to go with that with absolutely NO support, in arguably 3rd toughest district in the state, while being double and triple teamed every single night, not to mention playing sick and injured for half the season, and STILL get passed over, then IDK what in the heck you gotta do (individually) to win. 

Edited by crazzyness

30 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Apparently it's not. 

If a girl can average 30 a game with 10+ rebounds to go with that with absolutely NO support, in arguably 3rd toughest district in the state, while being double and triple teamed every single night, not to mention being sick and injured for half the season, and get passed over, then IDK what in the heck you gotta do (individually) to win. 

You have to play for a high school between Memphis and Knoxville….they claim it’s not a team or post season award but that’s BS. Her stats were much better than the other two. 

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Most definitely the games would’ve been a lot closer… we still won those games because of McKenzie’s lack of inside presence 

That's like saying the 95 Bulls would beat the Kobe/Shaq lakers... Basically I'm saying a blanket statement that can't be proved or disproved. I do know the "lack of inside presence" was stated for the past two seasons as to why McKenzie wouldn't win a Gold ball each year, including their matchup with WC. Winners find a way, and that team was special, they found a way. I personally think they would've beat Westview with shooters like that and split with SS and both SS games would've been epic battles as SS also was a very special group. 

5 hours ago, thebenchwarmer said:

That's like saying the 95 Bulls would beat the Kobe/Shaq lakers... Basically I'm saying a blanket statement that can't be proved or disproved. I do know the "lack of inside presence" was stated for the past two seasons as to why McKenzie wouldn't win a Gold ball each year, including their matchup with WC. Winners find a way, and that team was special, they found a way. I personally think they would've beat Westview with shooters like that and split with SS and both SS games would've been epic battles as SS also was a very special group. 

....and the people from WV believe they would've won all 4 classification games as well this past Saturday (and I agree based on their style of defense), but WV fans typically only comment on who they actually have behind them already. Not what ifs? They hear the same stuff year in and year out, so you won't get much back from them on your prediction (opinion). McKenzie is great and no one is disputing that and are very well appreciated by all in our area. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

....and the people from WV believe they would've won all 4 classification games as well this past Saturday (and I agree based on their style of defense), but WV fans typically only comment on who they actually have behind them already. Not what ifs? They hear the same stuff year in and year out, so you won't get much back from them on your prediction (opinion). McKenzie is great and no one is disputing that and are very well appreciated by all in our area. 

SS and Westview are on another level than McKenzie with depth and size. I commend McKenzie's coach for scheduling the way he did.  Playing that schedule no doubt helped them in the end. 

3 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Yea I get it but with no inside presence on us you are barbecue chicken lol & even with savanna this year y’all don’t slit with us, sorry! We still win both games by double digits! We was hoping that she would return that second time we played McKenzie! But heck of a year for McKenzie & I think y’all will definitely defend your crown for the 3 peat! 

23 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I get it but with no inside presence on us you are barbecue chicken lol & even with savanna this year y’all don’t slit with us, sorry! We still win both games by double digits! We was hoping that she would return that second time we played McKenzie! But heck of a year for McKenzie & I think y’all will definitely defend your crown for the 3 peat! 

I said a long time ago that Askins and Lawson causes major problems for all. Guard wise Westview would have been better but post wise y’all would have had a major advantage. The 2-3 zone would have been better than man for sure playing against y’all but nobody will ever know. Y’all both were great and won the Gold Ball and beat the people y’all were supposed to beat. Both of y’all were great and will be eating ribeyes more than once celebrating it. Both had a Miss Basketball winner. 

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

SS and Westview are on another level than McKenzie with depth and size. I commend McKenzie's coach for scheduling the way he did.  Playing that schedule no doubt helped them in the end. 

Yea it only made them better when it mattered! Battle tested early & often! 

43 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I said a long time ago that Askins and Lawson causes major problems for all. Guard wise Westview would have been better but post wise y’all would have had a major advantage. The 2-3 zone would have been better than man for sure playing against y’all but nobody will ever know. Y’all both were great and won the Gold Ball and beat the people y’all were supposed to beat. Both of y’all were great and will be eating ribeyes more than once celebrating it. Both had a Miss Basketball winner. 

Yeap I wish we could’ve made it happen this year! Make it far tho our senior class was 59-0 at home & I know Westview doesn’t lose at home either. We will made it fair let’s do a home/away series. We went there every time or play on a neutral site, idk why people don’t want to come to our gym lol

37 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yeap I wish we could’ve made it happen this year! Make it far tho our senior class was 59-0 at home & I know Westview doesn’t lose at home either. We will made it fair let’s do a home/away series. We went there every time or play on a neutral site, idk why people don’t want to come to our gym lol

It will be interesting to see Gibson County’s schedule next year. Us and Westview will lose Huntingdon and Union City and gain Ripley and Peabody in District. Dyersburg is a team we will want to play next year at least once Inwould think with their talent. Y’all too I would imagine. We didn’t play them at all this year. South Side and Gibson County both meet at our place for the Thanksgiving Tournament, which has become an annual event it seems. We always have a Thanksgiving and a pre-Christmas Tournament. I was super impressed with the competition we ran into at Collierville with Sparkman, AL and the MS team at the Christmas Tournament. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds this year. The only non-District team we have played twice the last two years I think is McKenzie. Now Huntingdon is non-District. It will be interesting for sure. I know y’all are going to a different District as well. Man you have to start working on schedules way early so I bet all coaches are fast forward now. The four classes has made scheduling tough and out of state teams are not uncommon with the small Districts. 

Edited by pioneer42