Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I definitely didn't mean any disrespect to the west teams or any other teams for that matter.    I saw GC this summer they have a great team again this year.   They will be a tough out come tourney time too.  And I also think the AA tourney will likely be the best of all the classes.  I was just guessing based on what I have seen in the last month.  McMinn probably has the toughest non-district schedule in the state (in any class).     Bradley Central x2, Cookeville, Sevier County, Coffee County, GP x2,   Of course I haven't seen everyones schedule but that is a crazy schedule for a AA school.  I think they will be battle hardened and tough to beat come tourney time.  The AA class is STACKED again this year and anything can happen in the glass house.   Good luck this season!  Its going to be fun watching this one play out.   

I see where Sevier Co beat GP by 20 tonight and Central beat Sevier. Co by 20 a week ago 

On 11/30/2023 at 10:58 PM, Dadof2 said:

I see where Sevier Co beat GP by 20 tonight and Central beat Sevier. Co by 20 a week ago 

Where it does look good for Central, be careful because matchups matter.  Coffee was a matchup problem for Central but it was a good game till the later part of 4th.  Central will for sure be battle tested.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:06 PM, logcabinman said:

Where it does look good for Central, be careful because matchups matter.  Coffee was a matchup problem for Central but it was a good game till the later part of 4th.  Central will for sure be battle tested.

Central won't lose another game this season all the way to Murfreesboro, other than maybe to defending 4A state champ Bradley in Cleveland.  

18 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They definitely won’t lose many!  But that Pittman game will be a big one too.  

Not sure about Central’s holiday schedule, but Bradley and GP are the only two games that will be close. I think they lose at Bradley and I would not be surprised if they lose at GP. A two hour bus drive and play a really good GP team.

Edited by Dadof2

Central played at GP this past Friday night, so the next game will be at Central. The girls' game was nip and tuck but I think Central won by about 5.  Both are good teams that should make it to State.

I'll be at Meigs Friday night when they host Central. I haven't seen the Meigs girls play yet, but from looking at box scores it looks like more girls are getting playing time this year. Of course that might have been against teams where they had a good lead?

On 11/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, roundhouse said:

Does Meigs still have the same clown coach? For their sake I hope not.  Meigs and Central could switch coaches and Morgan would beat her. 

Highly unlikely right now. Central just has way more talent than Meigs does right now and Central would win no matter who is coaching, and as far as the Meigs coach goes, I think she is a great person but she took the job with no head coaching experience so there will be some bumps in the road, but she works hard and pushes the girls to get better, hey we made it to substate last year, maybe we can get back there and pull an upset.