Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

You’re wrong about this. I get being an an East Tennessee Homer, but York Institute lost by two to Gatlinburg Pitman in overtime. York does not have a senior on the team. They have a major D1 player that’s going to Clemson so takeoff your rose colored glasses. GC is also loaded and will be one of the favorites to win it all. 

I agree.  York is very capable of winning the title this year and will likely be the heavy favorite in 2025.  This year, AA has the most teams capable of winning a title.  McMinn, Gatlinburg, York, Gibson County could all win the title.  I don't think Westview, Huntingdon, Summertown or Loretto can with the whole thing, but they are talented enough to upset any of those teams on a given night. AA state tournament is going to be fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

You’re wrong about this. I get being an an East Tennessee Homer, but York Institute lost by two to Gatlinburg Pitman in overtime. York does not have a senior on the team. They have a major D1 player that’s going to Clemson so takeoff your rose colored glasses. GC is also loaded and will be one of the favorites to win it all. 

Yeah and Johnny Morgan would not be happy with him giving a lot of bulletin board material out there cause these players read these boards. Johnny I know personally and is not like this at all. Very respectful of opponents even if he is 40 points better than a particular team. Yeah and York is loaded I will agree. Very good. 

Edited by pioneer42

Are referees not graded through the season? How is it possible that at this time of the season to have referees that that don’t know what direction a team is on offense and can’t make simple calls on who the ball is out of bounds on? I realize they are human and we all make mistakes….but how do you make it to this point of the season and it appears that this is your first game you have ever called? 

10 minutes ago, Waker said:

Are referees not graded through the season? How is it possible that at this time of the season to have referees that that don’t know what direction a team is on offense and can’t make simple calls on who the ball is out of bounds on? I realize they are human and we all make mistakes….but how do you make it to this point of the season and it appears that this is your first game you have ever called? 

Sounds like y'all had the Middle Tennessee refs. Reason. I say that is there has been a shortage around there for a while and just have guys that are not very good. Congrats on a big win for Huntingdon. 

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Sounds like y'all had the Middle Tennessee refs. Reason. I say that is there has been a shortage around there for a while and just have guys that are not very good. Congrats on a big win for Huntingdon. 

Thanks. Same to GC. They must have been. I haven’t seen any of them before. Bad both ways. It always seems to happen over around the Camden area. 

Everyone is saying that it is GP or McMinn this year.  Both are great teams.  But don’t sleep on Gibson County.  They have beaten some great teams this year and only have one slip up in a game against Crockett Co where a few girls had to sit for a while for disciplinary reasons I believe during Christmas break.  And still then had a chance to win it in the end.  Any game Micah Hart plays in they will have a chance.  And the role players have gotten better as the year goes on.   They will have a say in it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Everyone is saying that it is GP or McMinn this year.  Both are great teams.  But don’t sleep on Gibson County.  They have beaten some great teams this year and only have one slip up in a game against Crockett Co where a few girls had to sit for a while for disciplinary reasons I believe during Christmas break.  And still then had a chance to win it in the end.  Any game Micah Hart plays in they will have a chance.  And the role players have gotten better as the year goes on.   They will have a say in it. 

I kinda like Gibson County and Wilkins being in an underdog role if we make it there. Still have a little work to do. Kinda takes a little pressure off as Gibson County over the years have been ranked number 1 several times going up there. AA is loaded though. We seen Summertown knock off a good Cannon County team who played White County tough twice this year. I mean it's a blessing to get there. A double blessing to win it. I do think the posters on here making all these predictions aren't approved by the coaches. Everyone in the state knows how loaded AA is. GP and McMinn are great teams as the rest of the field is really good as well. 

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I kinda like Gibson County and Wilkins being in an underdog role if we make it there. Still have a little work to do. Kinda takes a little pressure off as Gibson County over the years have been ranked number 1 several times going up there. AA is loaded though. We seen Summertown knock off a good Cannon County team who played White County tough twice this year. I mean it's a blessing to get there. A double blessing to win it. I do think the posters on here making all these predictions aren't approved by the coaches. Everyone in the state knows how loaded AA is. GP and McMinn are great teams as the rest of the field is really good as well. 

Coaches know they have some fans who get too enthusiastic at times. There's no guarantee that any of the teams mentioned will even make it to state.  McMinn Central, for example, will have a very tough opponent in Alcoa or Gatlinburg in substate. I think it's safe to say Central will win the region championship tomorrow night, so they'll host a susbstate game Saturday   against either Alcoa or Gatlinburg. Alcoa upset Central two years ago at Central in substate action and Gatlinburg beat Central at Central this year during the season, so nothing is a given for them. 

Should be some good AA games tonight:

Summertown/Loretto will be a war - I like Summertown but could go either way.  

GC/Westview - GC is too much for Westview; would be more competitive if Westview had not lost their PG earlier this year

Gatlinburg/Alcoa - Gatlinburg gets their win back

York/Smith - York by a lot

East Nashville/Pearl Cohn - East Nashville by a lot

Cheatham Co/Huntingdon - Kee leads Huntingdon to a win but should be a good game

McMinn/Meigs - McMinn by as much as they want