Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

10 minutes ago, maddams said:

Should be some good AA games tonight:

Summertown/Loretto will be a war - I like Summertown but could go either way.  

GC/Westview - GC is too much for Westview; would be more competitive if Westview had not lost their PG earlier this year

Gatlinburg/Alcoa - Gatlinburg gets their win back

York/Smith - York by a lot

East Nashville/Pearl Cohn - East Nashville by a lot

Cheatham Co/Huntingdon - Kee leads Huntingdon to a win but should be a good game

McMinn/Meigs - McMinn by as much as they want

Smith County is a dark horse but don’t sleep on them. Last year they hired one of the best young coaches in the UpperCumberland to be their head coach and it has paid off for them. Coach Ferrell always points to his team as to why they are successful. A very humble man but make no mistake about he’s a big reason why they are winning and will only continue to get better. His teams always play hard, disciplined and fundamental basketball. Remember you heard it here first. Smith County will be at the glass house sooner than you think!

5 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Smith County is a dark horse but don’t sleep on them. Last year they hired one of the best young coaches in the UpperCumberland to be their head coach and it has paid off for them. Coach Ferrell always points to his team as to why they are successful. A very humble man but make no mistake about he’s a big reason why they are winning and will only continue to get better. His teams always play hard, disciplined and fundamental basketball. Remember you heard it here first. Smith County will be at the glass house sooner than you think!

I think they've got a shot to get there this  year.  I don't think they beat York tonight but substate would likely be at East Nashville.  That's not an easy place to play, but I would not be surprised if Smith pulled it off.  Definitely a program on the rise.

3 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview vs GC round 4 on GC home floor....does Westview stand a chance against the hot Lady Pioneers on their home court?!

If the round 2 version of this years rounds happens, very possible they can give GC a run for their money. Think it was a 2 point game in the 4th quarter in that one. Haskins is a really good coach and his defense is a thorn in everybody's side. Always got a chance in whoever they play. 

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If the round 2 version of this years rounds happens, very possible they can give GC a run for their money. Think it was a 2 point game in the 4th quarter in that one. Haskins is a really good coach and his defense is a thorn in everybody's side. Always got a chance in whoever they play. 

I would say that if it was at Westview but with it being at GC and without their point guard, I think GC wins by 15

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Summertown had hard fought emotional game Against a solid Cannon Co team / one days rest may not be enough against Loretto on their home court but I agree should be a war 

8 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I know Westview lost, but I think they fought and hung in pretty well! Hope to see both teams in Murfreesboro!

Gave them all they wanted tonight…was 2-3 threes falling or 2-3 layups away from pulling it out. Came out flat to start second half and hurt us. Did a good job keeping Hart’s points down and took Rivers out of it and that was the game plan going in. I was shocked Haskins came out in something other than the 2-3 but it was a good call that just about worked out

34 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Gave them all they wanted tonight…was 2-3 threes falling or 2-3 layups away from pulling it out. Came out flat to start second half and hurt us. Did a good job keeping Hart’s points down and took Rivers out of it and that was the game plan going in. I was shocked Haskins came out in something other than the 2-3 but it was a good call that just about worked out

Good game by Westview. Girls fought hard and y'all took it to us first half. Y'all were really pumped up. Big time atmosphere from both fan bases. Proud of our girls for grinding it out. Two great programs. Good luck to y'all going forward. Maybe one of us will win it. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good game by Westview. Girls fought hard and y'all took it to us first half. Y'all were really pumped up. Big time atmosphere from both fan bases. Proud of about girls for grinding it out. Two great programs. Good luck to y'all going forward. Maybe one of us will win it. 

I think it’s more fun being an underdog unlike the past few years. Not many had high hopes for this Westview team after losing Harrison and then solid role players in Brigance and Chester from last year’s team and then Simpson went down again three days into practice and then their freshman point guard that can ball goes down less than halfway through season, but these girls have fought their tails off and made it back to substate with a chance to make it back to state. Westview fans are going to always support no matter what! I love the rivalry and wish both the best the rest of the season!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I think GC is the better overall team with the best player, but I don't know what the free throw disparity was tonight...but it seemed a bit one-sided. I don't remember WV shooting a free throw?? Props to WV for making it a game, but GC made the adjustments they needed at half. It was a good game and hopefully we'll see a Part 5. Congrats GC! 34-1 and rolling. 

• Upvote 1

Great game.   Westview did everything they could to give themselves a chance.  Just don’t have the horses in the end to stay with them.  Believe GC outscored them 22-6.  That GC defense is just another level when it’s locked in.  Westview took Hart out of the game tonight.  But the better team won.  Hope to see both of these teams in the glass house next week! 

• Like 1