Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I imagine playing your sons is not easy especially for Mrs. Wilkins. Got grandbabies in their lap where their dad's and her son's coaching a different team than your husband. Has TSSAA ever had a father son coaching against each other at state?? I do think any AA team can win it. Top bracket is tough as we know. Bottom is not a cakewalk either. We ran into East Nashville in Murfreesboro this summer and they were a very good team. So Smith County has got to be tough. We know GP is tough. Loretto is always dangerous with their length and always well coached and battle tested. Westview is the back to back state champions and these girls shoot better at the Glass House than they do at home it seems. So you never know what will happen up there. I kinda expect some of the games will probably be like the USJ games in the private sector with a lot of defense. I do congratulate and wish all teams good luck. I do feel very blessed to be there and am very thankful we are there for sure.

It’s a shame they go head to head right off the bat.

34 minutes ago, Waker said:

It’s a shame they go head to head right off the bat.

Yep but we all knew nothing about this year would be easy. Good news is one of us from West TN is in semis right?? Congratulations on getting to the state. Good luck to you guys. I like David and Huntingdon. Maybe one of us will win it. 

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I imagine playing your sons is not easy especially for Mrs. Wilkins. Got grandbabies in their lap where their dad's and her son's coaching a different team than your husband. Has TSSAA ever had a father son coaching against each other at state?? I do think any AA team can win it. Top bracket is tough as we know. Bottom is not a cakewalk either. We ran into East Nashville in Murfreesboro this summer and they were a very good team. So Smith County has got to be tough. We know GP is tough. Loretto is always dangerous with their length and always well coached and battle tested. Westview is the back to back state champions and these girls shoot better at the Glass House than they do at home it seems. So you never know what will happen up there. I kinda expect some of the games will probably be like the USJ games in the private sector with a lot of defense. I do congratulate and wish all teams good luck. I do feel very blessed to be there and am very thankful we are there for sure.

Coach David told me that as many times as Dad has whipped his butt as a kid it's time for a payback!

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Coach David told me that as many times as Dad has whipped his butt as a kid it's time for a payback!

Well we shall see what happens. Huntingdon has a good team no doubt with help on the way. You got there and it is a blessing to get there. 

17 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

After seeing Central and GP play I would have to give the age to GP. Central has the best two players but they are not very deep. GP has a better team and a dip bench and they have the best PG that I have seen this year, and I was told she didn’t play the first time those two played this season. 

It was only a couple of weeks ago you said Alcoa would beat Gatlinburg in the region finals Central beat Alcoa by a whole lot more Saturday than Gatlinburg did just a couple of days earlier. Central also did it with Bystry only playing about a half because of foul trouble. Central did it because of two young girls that haven't had to carry the team this year like the two best players. Central is a little deeper than you think when the need arises. Several girls on that team are capable of scoring and that was proven Saturday in the sectionals. Gatlinburg is very good. I still think it will come down to a Central-Gatlinburg matchup for the state championship but either team could also lose in the quarters or semis. Both of their coaches know all too well that you only focus om the next opponent.

1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

It was only a couple of weeks ago you said Alcoa would beat Gatlinburg in the region finals Central beat Alcoa by a whole lot more Saturday than Gatlinburg did just a couple of days earlier. Central also did it with Bystry only playing about a half because of foul trouble. Central did it because of two young girls that haven't had to carry the team this year like the two best players. Central is a little deeper than you think when the need arises. Several girls on that team are capable of scoring and that was proven Saturday in the sectionals. Gatlinburg is very good. I still think it will come down to a Central-Gatlinburg matchup for the state championship but either team could also lose in the quarters or semis. Both of their coaches know all too well that you only focus om the next opponent.

Please show me where I said Alcoa would beat GP, I’ve said several times that Central has a really good team and they have a chance of winning it all, it’s just my opinion that GP has a better all around team with a deeper bench. But I will be pulling for Central to win it all.

22 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Please show me where I said Alcoa would beat GP, I’ve said several times that Central has a really good team and they have a chance of winning it all, it’s just my opinion that GP has a better all around team with a deeper bench. But I will be pulling for Central to win it all.

I remember you saying that Alcoa would beat GP in regional play, and we even bet $100 on it. You can pay me next time I see you. :roflol:

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

I remember you saying that Alcoa would beat GP in regional play, and we even bet $100 on it. You can pay me next time I see you. :roflol:

:P I said it would be interesting if they did and the games were at Alcoa so will give you half :roflol: