2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

On 2/28/2024 at 1:23 AM, crazzyness said:

Hats off to Frank Hughes, gonna play in a substate, possibly at home. They got a good looking record, and doing it all with like 90 kids in the whole school. 2nd smallest public school in the entire state to field a team this year. 

If they make it to Murfreesboro, I know who I'll be pulling for. 

Santa Fe is another that’s quite small and have IMO the best player in Class A.

Great game against Union City & Humboldt went down to wire with UC winning 70-68 with Brooks having 40 points that kid can play! Humboldt will travel to Memphis to play Middle College on Monday & UC gets Booker T Washington at home. Good luck Vikings let’s get ready to play Monday!!! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Great game against Union City & Humboldt went down to wire with UC winning 70-68 with Brooks having 40 points that kid can play! Humboldt will travel to Memphis to play Middle College on Monday & UC gets Booker T Washington at home. Good luck Vikings let’s get ready to play Monday!!! 

I predict a Memphis sweep

23 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

15 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I predict a Memphis sweep

I was at the game and the refs were over there head in this game. Called 9 fouls to 2 against Humboldt in the 1st quarter. About 5 were legit fouls but Humboldt's Fred Moore got two on him early where I seen no contact at all. He got his 3rd in the second quarter on another bad call where a kid flopped. He sat out most of the first half and at one time Humboldt was up 10. It was so one sided Humboldt's coaches had a meeting at half with all the refs and the game administrator came out. All of this happend after a double technical to start the game. Both teams are really good. I mean really good. Humboldt won last year in Memphis if I am not mistaken. Second half they called the game fair but the first half was awful and took Fred Moore completely out of the game. Just dictated the game.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I was at the game and the refs were over there head in this game. Called 9 fouls to 2 against Humboldt in the 1st quarter. About 5 were legit fouls but Humboldt's Fred Moore got two on him early where I seen no contact at all. He got his 3rd in the second quarter on another bad call where a kid flopped. He sat out most of the first half and at one time Humboldt was up 10. It was so one sided Humboldt's coaches had a meeting at half with all the refs and the game administrator came out. All of this happend after a double technical to start the game. Both teams are really good. I mean really good. Humboldt won last year in Memphis if I am not mistaken. Second half they called the game fair but the first half was awful and took Fred Moore completely out of the game. Just dictated the game.

I hope they both win. But we all know Memphis teams will add players on any given day if they think they can help them. T$$AA doesn’t enforce rules in Memphis. 

25 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I hope they both win. But we all know Memphis teams will add players on any given day if they think they can help them. T$$AA doesn’t enforce rules in Memphis. 

I know what you're saying but I am going to say Humboldt and Union City both win. Humboldt and Union City both are really good. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Humboldt and Union City may end up in the state championship this year.

Both are really good. Wasn't meant to be for Humboldt tonight. May help them refocus. Looks like Middle College for Humboldt and Booker T Washington for Union City.

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Both are really good. Wasn't meant to be for Humboldt tonight. May help them refocus. Looks like Middle College for Humboldt and Booker T Washington for Union City.

Yes, hopefully they will refocus but defense has to know where the shooters are can’t let one player score 40! I remember guarding Cannon Whitby & holding him to 16 points and most of those points came from FT line because you couldn’t touch him. Got to be discipline & stay in front of your man. UC hit about 12 or 13 three pointers got to make someone else beat you. Overall, Humboldt played a good game but made a lot of mistakes, point guard had atleast 10 turnovers by doing to much just play basic team ball. I think coach will have them refocus but Memphis will be tough to play at!!!