2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

13 minutes ago, CASC95 said:

Can someone watching Santa Fe VS. NG confirm that last shot was after the buzzer? I'm at game and NG hit shot at buzzer that would have tied it but didn't count. I just wanted to know how close based from online viewing.

It was. Seen multiple shots online of it being slowed down and it was just late. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, B-Ball Fan said:

Watching this on NFHS. Is Santa Fe pronounced Santa FAY or Santa FEE?

the announcer keeps saying FEE, but I’ve never heard it that way. However, the only time I’ve heard it was in reference to the city in New Mexico.

Santa FEE , TenneSEE

2 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Always thought something was off with that school. We beat them in sectionals in 99. They seemed to come out of nowhere. 

Same thing. Basically a team put together and in their third year of existence but first in high school they make substate. And then 2 straight state tournaments. Just out of nowhere here they are. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Another Tennessee Temple. They will have to forfeit this gold ball just like Temple did. There’s no way this team is legal and abiding by the rules of T$$AA. I was told they added a player either in the region tournament or at substate.  Someone said he was very tall.  This is a private school playing in Div 1. it’s amazing as to what length adults will go to to win a gold ornament  I said the same thing about Temple back in 06. everybody from Chattanooga got on there and called me a hater and all kinds of stuff but at the end of the day I was proven right they were cheating and this team is following in those footsteps. This is the same exact school building that temple was in and they are taking a page out of their book as to how to recruit kids while in Div 1. 

What happens to the gold ball? All the TSSAA records have Tennessee Temple as the champions still so what really happens if they catch them cheating?

9 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Another Tennessee Temple. They will have to forfeit this gold ball just like Temple did. There’s no way this team is legal and abiding by the rules of T$$AA. I was told they added a player either in the region tournament or at substate.  Someone said he was very tall.  This is a private school playing in Div 1. it’s amazing as to what length adults will go to to win a gold ornament  I said the same thing about Temple back in 06. everybody from Chattanooga got on there and called me a hater and all kinds of stuff but at the end of the day I was proven right they were cheating and this team is following in those footsteps. This is the same exact school building that temple was in and they are taking a page out of their book as to how to recruit kids while in Div 1. 

We play them during regular season and usually for District Championship never can seem to beat them way too much talent and that full court press is unreal !

10 hours ago, Anaxandridas said:

What happens to the gold ball? All the TSSAA records have Tennessee Temple as the champions still so what really happens if they catch them cheating?

Well the school was closed down and part of it was because they got caught cheating by the TSSAA so they had to forfeit all of their football championships. I don’t know what they did about basketball, but they should’ve had to forfeit them as well because it was the same group of kids, same group of parents that we’re doing it.  I don’t blame the kids at all. I blame the parents and the administration because they knew exactly what they were doing. This school is built in that same mold.  They are doing the exact same things that Temple was doing.  They are recruiting from all over Chattanooga, Hamilton county even Georgia and anywhere else they can get kids in and then they are playing against division 1 schools. it’s not gonna happen this year probably not next year, but eventually it will come out, and the same thing will happen to this school.  It’s an unfair advantage, and that is why they have separate classifications. One for privates and one for public schools. This school is pretending to be a public school but they are operating as a private school when it comes to sports. This coaching carousel they have with the brothers switching places,the personal trainer thing going on, is shady. If it walks like a duck …

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Well the school was closed down and part of it was because they got caught cheating by the TSSAA so they had to forfeit all of their football championships. I don’t know what they did about basketball, but they should’ve had to forfeit them as well because it was the same group of kids, same group of parents that we’re doing it.  I don’t blame the kids at all. I blame the parents and the administration because they knew exactly what they were doing. This school is built in that same mold.  They are doing the exact same things that Temple was doing.  They are recruiting from all over Chattanooga, Hamilton county even Georgia and anywhere else they can get kids in and then they are playing against division 1 schools. it’s not gonna happen this year probably not next year, but eventually it will come out, and the same thing will happen to this school.  It’s an unfair advantage, and that is why they have separate classifications. One for privates and one for public schools. This school is pretending to be a public school but they are operating as a private school when it comes to sports. This coaching carousel they have with the brothers switching places,the personal trainer thing going on, is shady. If it walks like a duck …

It’s going to be an incredibly bad look if (when imo they seem to be the best team left in A) they do win a championship before the school even has graduated a true senior class! I hope this opens some eyes and charters will be in D2 after this next reclassification period. 

The coaches have been grooming several of those kids for years in training them. Social media proves that. Which is probably not legal by TSSAA standards. 
Watched game last year in the region and the coach was warming up with the team doing dribbling drills. But, there are multiple instances and horror stories from Chatt Prep the past few years. Nothing will happen to them. They will get to the 1A final the next few years, potentially win, and then all of a sudden close down. And nothing will be said or done. 

17 minutes ago, JasonBourne said:

The coaches have been grooming several of those kids for years in training them. Social media proves that. Which is probably not legal by TSSAA standards. 
Watched game last year in the region and the coach was warming up with the team doing dribbling drills. But, there are multiple instances and horror stories from Chatt Prep the past few years. Nothing will happen to them. They will get to the 1A final the next few years, potentially win, and then all of a sudden close down. And nothing will be said or done. 

Really sad that is the state high school basketball is in. Especially when you see teams from small communities playing with the kids they have like Santa Fe and then they’re forced to compete with cheaters. Best thing that needs to happen is for TSSAA to get blown up. I predict it will happen to NCAA sometime in the next 10-15 years and I think it could happen with TSSAA too. 

TSSAA/TMSAA don’t care about rules. There have been schools turned in for breaking rules and nothing happens. TMSAA told one of the coaches who reported it on the phone -

“they have only been part of TMSAA for a few years. We need more schools competing in state. So we aren’t doing anything about it. We don’t want to run anyone off” 

the school was practicing before the deadline and even held scrimmages. While other schools are waiting till 2 weeks before their first game.

it’s infuriating when some schools follow rules and hold themselves accountable and others don’t. 

Edited by BackThatPassUp