2023 Football Big Ones Contest Has Ended

CoachT

Not a totally bad week.   I just feel as though I needed another excellent week like the last one to put some real pressure on.   But with @harley04 catching Dear Leader @3rdandLong,  it allows the peloton, (those just a few back) to have a little more hope.  The leader can't just ride the "favorites" and coast to the finish line now.  @pujo is closing in fast.  He looks to be playing the ole "shake and bake" slingshot strategy.  Looks like @dogtruth ran short on kibbles n bits and a couple of his dogs just up an ran away.  @oneyewilly making his presence known into the top 10. 

Let's delve in and see what happened.

Week 8 results:

W - L:  10-3

Dawgs:  1-1 (Bearden - Stone Memorial)

Games <8:    2-2

GB: 5

Analysis:  Like I said, not bad, although not good enough, I'll take it.

Dropped from 6th to 7th but picked up a game on the leader.

18 games in which to pick this week.  Let's hope none get moved up to Thursday.   Good luck pickers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FireFistAce said:

Not a totally bad week.   I just feel as though I needed another excellent week like the last one to put some real pressure on.   But with @harley04 catching Dear Leader @3rdandLong,  it allows the peloton, (those just a few back) to have a little more hope.  The leader can't just ride the "favorites" and coast to the finish line now.  @pujo is closing in fast.  He looks to be playing the ole "shake and bake" slingshot strategy.  Looks like @dogtruth ran short on kibbles n bits and a couple of his dogs just up an ran away.  @oneyewilly making his presence known into the top 10. 

Week 8 results:

18 games in which to pick this week.  Let's hope none get moved up to Thursday.   Good luck pickers. 

Good stuff.  

3 weeks of regular season remaining. 

17 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

Week 8 results:

Good post my picks are in. Three weeks a lot can change 

19 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

Week 8 results:

Another tough week this week! 

23 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@FireFistAce,  you out there?

Hopefully you aren't one of those TOR users?  

I'm here ST.   I've been trying to access this website since Monday.  I've been in a constant loop to try and verify that I am actually a human.  I'm trying to get my picks made.  Every time I try to make a pick, I have to go thru the verification process.  It's getting quite ridiculous if you ask me.  I may have to head off the mountain into town to finish up these picks on another device. 

4 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

I'm here ST.   I've been trying to access this website since Monday.  I've been in a constant loop to try and verify that I am actually a human.  I'm trying to get my picks made.  Every time I try to make a pick, I have to go thru the verification process.  It's getting quite ridiculous if you ask me.  I may have to head off the mountain into town to finish up these picks on another device. 

Thats just Crazy , glad I made mine early

4 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

You shouldn't live like Ted Kaczynski. :roflolk:  Internet up there is sparce.  

Stick your head out the cabin every now & then.  Come off the mountain & socialize with civilization. :smile:

Good luck.  

• CoachT changed the title to 2023 Football Big Ones Contest Has Ended