FORREST 2023

1 minute ago, Salem said:

If a South Pitt coordinator applied and didn't receive an interview that's very disappointing. If you're in a region battling Marion why wouldn't you consider a Pirate that doesn't know how to lose to the Warriors?

We have been questioning the coaching and administration for years. No school has accomplished less with more in 2A than Forrest over the last 6 years. Some of same guys in charge of Cornersville's bungled 2022 selection have input in our search. I talk a lot in the community but haven't heard any names being interviewed so far. People are starting to get antsy. They're either interviewing off site or after hours. I was expecting an announcement by December 1st. That tells me they have their guy in mind that they couldn't announce (maybe he was on a staff playing this weekend), they have someone who doesn't have to move to start right away, or they have no idea what they are doing. I don't see how they can't have a hire by December 15 at the absolute latest.

i suspect a complete bungling of this. 

53 minutes ago, Salem said:

If a South Pitt coordinator applied and didn't receive an interview that's very disappointing. If you're in a region battling Marion why wouldn't you consider a Pirate that doesn't know how to lose to the Warriors?

We have been questioning the coaching and administration for years. No school has accomplished less with more in 2A than Forrest over the last 6 years. Some of same guys in charge of Cornersville's bungled 2022 selection have input in our search. I talk a lot in the community but haven't heard any names being interviewed so far. People are starting to get antsy. They're either interviewing off site or after hours. I was expecting an announcement by December 1st. That tells me they have their guy in mind that they couldn't announce (maybe he was on a staff playing this weekend), they have someone who doesn't have to move to start right away, or they have no idea what they are doing. I don't see how they can't have a hire by December 15 at the absolute latest.

As much as I would hate to see it I’m surprised ya don’t go after Frost. He isn’t being rewarded here for his huge contributions to our program here and couldn’t blame him if he went somewhere else where he would b appreciated 

3 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

As much as I would hate to see it I’m surprised ya don’t go after Frost. He isn’t being rewarded here for his huge contributions to our program here and couldn’t blame him if he went somewhere else where he would b appreciated 

hes a little quirky for CH. forrest fans are surprisingly shallow. id love to have the guy. but a short, sort of eccentric guy who twirls his long hair on camera.  he actually hopped into the arms of an assistant when the clock ran out in what was a very strange look. i dont see CH lions club goign for that. i personally have zero issue with it.  

51 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

hes a little quirky for CH. forrest fans are surprisingly shallow. id love to have the guy. but a short, sort of eccentric guy who twirls his long hair on camera.  he actually hopped into the arms of an assistant when the clock ran out in what was a very strange look. i dont see CH lions club goign for that. i personally have zero issue with it.  

I admit he isn’t like any of the other head coaches we had here but look at the end result. He knows the game and the kids play for him. Definitely not trying to sell him to u though would hate to see him leave much less to ya lol. Btw that assistant was one of his son’s

9 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

That was his sons arms that he jumped in I believe.

14 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

That would be an obvious choice. Perfect candidate would be a proven, experienced winner who turned around a small 1A/2A program and has head coaching experience. First two names that pop in my head are Frost and White. Both should have been contacted on Day 1. 

To do the administrators job and sell it to Frost: Just watching Riverside on Saturday, our 2024 team will be built exactly like Riverside. Our big back will also wear #25. Dual threat QB and 2 fast RBs could play WR and spell the big back when needed. O line will be in the 220-240 pound range. He could come back to middle TN and play Community and Moore County next year and make his own schedule when they reclassify. Defense will have speed all over the field and depth every where. An enthusiastic guy that knows what he's doing could have 18-25 guys per grade out. I've seen a few of your interviews with him and he never came across as quirky. He can jump into my arms after every playoff win. 

• Upvote 1