5A Region 7

eers

3 hours ago, mondo44 said:

First time posting in quite a while. Both myself and Ms Mondo have retired in the past 12 months, Ms Mondo after 38 years at HHS. We have been busy traveling and doing a lot of grandkid things. Been to 8 or 9 practices and both scrimmages.  Commandos are a work in progress.  Need improvement in a lot of areas especially at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  Currently having a few injury issues but I am sure a lot of teams are.  Scrimmaged Mt Juliet and Blackman who will both be preseason top 10 in 6-A.  Both of them have very good teams, good QB’s, backs, and receivers. Also several D linemen who will be playing on Saturdays in the future.  Looking forward to the jamboree Friday against ER.  I suspect starters will go 1 maybe 2 series and then everyone else will play.  

First time this summer I've heard this said about Blackman. Interesting......

Edited by MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, ilovethegame said:

Graduated 16 seniors..... 14 of them starters.

4 out of 5 starting OL which 3 were all region guys...

lol not silent just really don't know what we have, we were chatty heading into a rematch with a deep Henry County team in the quarterfinals with a 10-2 team, dang we were happy lol 

I just can't understand why you always hate us little Jackets, know we were region foes back in the 80's but man. 

I call out everyone, including my own team. Hate is a strong word.

On 8/4/2023 at 5:27 PM, LEON said:

Could be tough year for the Jackets with unfortunate injuries and losing such a talented senior class not to mention off the field decisions that will be a detriment to the feeder system of SHS. I cannot believe the largest city in Robertson County  with the largest sales tax revenue that a large percentage goes to the school system no longer has a middle school . Before this past school year there was Springfield Middle and now it’s closed and is now Innovation Academy (magnet school ) . A large percentage of SMS are being bussed to Coopertown Middle which very late in the summer had no football coach, the previous coach left for a different school system. I have no idea if a coach has been hired yet or they wont have a team. SMS provided SHS a majority of its players were as most lived within the city limits and many walked to and from practices.  Now they’re being sent 7 miles out from the city to Coopertown Middle which has always been a feeder to SHS even before the middle school was started those students came to then Springfield Junior High as ninth graders and then on to SHS. I’m just curious if a coach was ever hired ? I noticed Greenbrier Middle hired a coach right before practice began , a coach may have been hired without my knowledge, hope someone can answer that for me. In late summer you could always see players at SMS walking to and from practice in a program that produced many undefeated teams over the years practicing in the hallowed old bottom below the school where Boyce Smith molded his teams. The busy highway 49 is not a place to walk down with no shoulders or sidewalks let alone it’s out 7 miles in the country. Now the director of schools has left for an adjacent county and will miss out on this decision. This is in no way a knock at the Innovation Academy or CMS , I just think this would never happen at any other cluster of schools in the school system. This is something that wasn’t well thought out for middle school students in the Springfield cluster , I know the system had to answer to some disparities in this cluster in the past, unfortunately they may have to be again.

Coopertown Middle does indeed have a football team!  The new coach is young and learning on the job, but he did play NAIA football so he knows the game. They were late getting started after his hire, but so far have faired pretty well. Beat IA (the magnet school) 28-0 in a half at the jamboree, and won 20-0 last night against Sycamore Middle in the first game of the season. Not a ton of guys, probably 28 dressed, but there are some pretty good athletes. I also agree that there will need to be a new Middle School in Springfield in the next 5 years.  The Coopertown area is growing, with new construction happening all over the place, and the school is almost at capacity.  Having no Middle School in the biggest city in the county is not a good long term solution.

12 hours ago, DANR said:

Coopertown Middle does indeed have a football team!  The new coach is young and learning on the job, but he did play NAIA football so he knows the game. They were late getting started after his hire, but so far have faired pretty well. Beat IA (the magnet school) 28-0 in a half at the jamboree, and won 20-0 last night against Sycamore Middle in the first game of the season. Not a ton of guys, probably 28 dressed, but there are some pretty good athletes. I also agree that there will need to be a new Middle School in Springfield in the next 5 years.  The Coopertown area is growing, with new construction happening all over the place, and the school is almost at capacity.  Having no Middle School in the biggest city in the county is not a good long term solution.

Glad to hear they have a team. That’s probably why the director bolted to Sumner.I just don’t see how we just close a middle school in the largest school cluster . I suppose we will have double digit portable classrooms in the Springfield 

cluster and 15 students per class at the magnet school . Thanks for the information I hope it doesn’t  affect our numbers.Seems like this was very low key and it was pushed through without any concerns.We go from electrical wiring being exposed and no heat in the old auditorium and finally it’s beautifully restored and well let’s close the Middle School and bus them 7 miles out in the country without any regards for parents who might have a hardship with transportation and  any other issues ,  that doesn’t happen anywhere else in the county.

2 hours ago, SEC1rules said:

If an HC poster will update us, I couldn’t make it tonight and I don’t think it’s on the radio. 

Paducah Tilghman had an absolute field day against the Patriots. Ended up being Paducah 35-21 over Henry County. Henry County has a long ways to go on defense it appears. Disappointing after having such a good showing against MBA last week. Head scratcher for sure. 

11 hours ago, LEON said:

Glad to hear they have a team. That’s probably why the director bolted to Sumner.I just don’t see how we just close a middle school in the largest school cluster . I suppose we will have double digit portable classrooms in the Springfield 

cluster and 15 students per class at the magnet school . Thanks for the information I hope it doesn’t  affect our numbers.Seems like this was very low key and it was pushed through without any concerns.We go from electrical wiring being exposed and no heat in the old auditorium and finally it’s beautifully restored and well let’s close the Middle School and bus them 7 miles out in the country without any regards for parents who might have a hardship with transportation and  any other issues ,  that doesn’t happen anywhere else in the county.

Robertson County schools administrators aren’t very bright! 

45 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

Robertson County schools administrators aren’t very bright! 

If state money was tied to football success then they would care. It is all about test scores in public education now because of state funding. Athletics in most places is a second thought that they just pay lip service to.