Lenoir City Football Coach Fired

3 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

Is it gossip, slander, or cesspool when It actually happened?

I have plenty enough sin in my own life to worry about, so personally speaking, I don’t have the time to point out anyone else’s, but that’s just me. I’ve done some pretty heinous things in my life, so the older I get, the less judgmental I TRY to be, as far as that goes. Of course I stumble at times, like we all do. We’re all pretty rotten at the end of the day, some are just a little bit worse than others. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I have plenty enough sin in my own life to worry about, so personally speaking, I don’t have the time to point out anyone else’s, but that’s just me. I’ve done some pretty heinous things in my life, so the older I get, the less judgmental I TRY to be, as far as that goes. Of course I stumble at times, like we all do. We’re all pretty rotten at the end of the day, some are just a little bit worse than others. 

this.

10 hours ago, BDURHAM said:

Is there a way we can all agree to NOT make fun of someone's mistakes and misery on here? Is it possible to keep the messaging related to sports in a positive, constructive way? 

The endless speculation and slander of people's characters does not help elevate high school sports, right?

Let's not get too confused. If you're not familiar with my posts, feel free to go to my profile and/or back through my content over the years...I generally refrain from joining the "mob mentality" of piling on when mistakes are made, but when a husband, father, mentor, and educator engages in this type of willful behavior with a very recent student, let's not pretend that a simple mistake was made. I'm sorry for the wife, kids, extended family, and the other party & family involved, but the more people negatively affected by this DECISION, the more he's earned the shame of having it made public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I liked your post because it is a well thought out response and I respect your opinion. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

My quote earlier today was around so much stuff has happened everytime you turn around this year from this to strange hirings, surprise departures you name it. I hate this for Lenior City but they do have a good man in charge to get past all of this.

From what I hear this could actually turn out to be an improvement for LC.  I stand by earlier statement that when you hire someone from Alabama don’t be surprised when they make a bad decision. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, BDURHAM said:

Is there a way we can all agree to NOT make fun of someone's mistakes and misery on here? Is it possible to keep the messaging related to sports in a positive, constructive way? 

The endless speculation and slander of people's characters does not help elevate high school sports, right?

On 7/16/2023 at 1:35 PM, SweetScience said:

I completely agree, but don’t hold your breath. This forum, like any forum that human beings are involved with, is a cesspool for gossip and slander.

Technically it would be libel. Slander is the spoken word. Libel is the written word. 

Also, truth is defense of both. If it is the truth, it is not slander/libel.  

Note: That still doesn't make it nice. John 8:7

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FarmTeam said:

Have heard that several LC players quit after Dugger was fired. Can anyone confirm? And if this is accurate, will these players be a significant loss to the program? 

Well.....last year they finished with 42 total kids in the program.  I doubt anyone quit because Dugger was fired