IMG VS LA question

Elias287

22 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Tbr I wouldn’t be worried about parking now finding a SEAT!! I would be there at least a hour 1/2 early 

3+ hours early to get a seat.  There will probably be 10K+ people trying to watch this game.  Let’s not forget that many of the seats will have already been sold to LA season ticket holders.  This is why I ask the question why LA wouldn’t consider moving the game to Vanderbilt.

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, cbg said:

3+ hours early to get a seat.  There will probably be 10K+ people trying to watch this game.  Let’s not forget that many of the seats will have already been sold to LA season ticket holders.  This is why I ask the question why LA wouldn’t consider moving the game to Vanderbilt.

Whether it be cable or NFHS, good chance this game is televised. 2nd, it's just not worth it to have 10k in a stadium that seats 40k. No telling what Vandy will charge to host

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Whether it be cable or NFHS, good chance this game is televised. 2nd, it's just not worth it to have 10k in a stadium that seats 40k. No telling what Vandy will charge to host

Once again, MBA moved their national game with Byrnes of South Carolina to Vanderbilt in order to accommodate all the patrons.  

1 minute ago, cbg said:

Once again, MBA moved their national game with Byrnes of South Carolina to Vanderbilt in order to accommodate all the patrons.  

What works for one doesn't work for another. You lose the atmosphere that makes Friday Nights special once you move to a college stadium unless you can get close to filling it up. Your basically relying on a huge walk up crowd to make that happen.  If I was LA, I'd rather have a great environment with a smaller crowd. LA isn't hurting for money

15 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

It seems like it has some credibility.  Several of their coaches follow him on Twitter.

im interested to hear this confirmed or not.

the game will be at LA.  they added bleachers in the corners of the end zones a few years ago and I would bet IMG isn't filling up the small visitor stands anyway.  it should be a fun atmosphere!

Edited by theawesomebro

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

What works for one doesn't work for another. You lose the atmosphere that makes Friday Nights special once you move to a college stadium unless you can get close to filling it up. Your basically relying on a huge walk up crowd to make that happen.  If I was LA, I'd rather have a great environment with a smaller crowd. LA isn't hurting for money

I agree. I remember around 1990 Knoxville Central had a team ranked in the top 10 nationally. They moved their semifinal game vs. Lincoln Co. to Neyland Stadium and lost badly. A loss they blamed largely on not keeping the game on their campus.

17 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I agree. I remember around 1990 Knoxville Central had a team ranked in the top 10 nationally. They moved their semifinal game vs. Lincoln Co. to Neyland Stadium and lost badly. A loss they blamed largely on not keeping the game on their campus.

Well probably didn't help Lincoln Co had a future NFL QB on their roster as well.

Anybody that loves football that lived in RuCo in the 90s can probably tell you about the 98 playoff matchup between Oakland and Riverdale held at MTSU that filled up most of the stadium,  but instances like that are a rarity with the amount of games televised now

• Upvote 1