6A Region 4 Early Predictions ?

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

They’re a bottom dweller, I wouldn’t be concerned. As far as a potential underdog role, Cookeville worries me. I have no clue on Wilson Central or Lebanon. Surely Lebanon will crash back down to earth.

Not as concerned as just curious.   Lebanon is the big ??.  They lost a lot off of last years squad but Gentry is a good coach.  Not hearing anything g special about Wilson Central but they always have some fight in them.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Not as concerned as just curious.   Lebanon is the big ??.  They lost a lot off of last years squad but Gentry is a good coach.  Not hearing anything g special about Wilson Central but they always have some fight in them.  

It’s Mt Juliet and Gallatin for 1st.  Lebanon a distant 3rd and then the rest.  Not a great region once you get past the top 2.  

31 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

It’s Mt Juliet and Gallatin for 1st.  Lebanon a distant 3rd and then the rest.  Not a great region once you get past the top 2.  

That week 3 matchup looks like a monster game right now.  Cannot look that far ahead.  Hendersonville is about as tough as it gets for a first game.  Ought to be a packed house in 2 weeks! 

50 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Mt Juliet vs Ensworth, how did it go?? 

Heard that MT Juliet lost 20-13 in the varsity portion. Was told that MJ defense shut down Ensworth with the exception of 4 plays that went for over 40 yards each. Was told offense looked average. Don’t think they’re giving the ball to that running back who’s pretty good that much right now.

9 minutes ago, memphisfbguru12 said:

Heard that MT Juliet lost 20-13 in the varsity portion. Was told that MJ defense shut down Ensworth with the exception of 4 plays that went for over 40 yards each. Was told offense looked average. Don’t think they’re giving the ball to that running back who’s pretty good that much right now.

Thanks, yeah I know the offense isn’t really full functioning. They are preserving their top 2 backs for good reason. Interesting to hear the D had so many lapses. Ensworth is supposed to be much improved this season in their respective class, so I don’t see that as a bad “loss” by any means. I expect MJ to contend for the region this year. even with such few seniors.

I came across the complete game film from the Ensworth scrimmage. The varsity portion ended 20-14 in favor of Ensworth. Mount Juliet came out flat and was embarrassed 20-0 before they got things going. Overall MJ has got to get these kinks worked out on offense. The play calling is all over the place, they don’t seem to have an identity yet, the Oline is very suspect, Travers was running around for his life it seemed. Our defense is good but once again seems to give up the occasional big play.. special teams is solid per usual. Let’s keep in mind Ensworth has 5-6 D1 offers on their team and will be much better than they were last year. The week prior they beat Cane Ridge 30-0 if that tells you anything.

1.  Lebanon Blue Devil-  17-3 last 2 years with a district championship

-  Head Coach, OC, and DC return

-  Sr. & Jr. Class undefeated Freshmen Teams

-  Some new/old additions

-  Favorable Schedule (non-district)

Key:  Can they win without the 2023 class.  Lebanon always has skill and good hard hitting defenses.  Really good coaching staff returns with a lot of experience.  Last 2 years produced a lot of memories for BDP.                           

2.  MJ Bears-  Until Perry Leaves, they will always be in top 2

-  Return HC, OC, and DC (I think)

-  Good Back field in QB and 2 Backs Returning

-  Much of the Defense returns (Front 7)

Key:  Like Lebanon, do they have enough returning to finish in top of district.  Graduated a very good 2023 class.  A good returning coaching staff returns and the winningest program in Wilson County past 15 years.

3.  Green Hill-  16-4 last 2 years with a district championship

-  HC and knowledgeable staff     

-  Some good skill positions 

Key:  Again, the 2023 class in Wilson County was special.  Can they fill the vacancies left by the previous class.  Coach Crouch gained some knowledgeable coaches  to go with his up-beat personality. 

4.  Gallatin-  New Coaching Staff

-  Always Athletic, but can they put together some wins

-  Favorable Schedule (non district)

Key:  Can the new coaching staff take arguably the most talented line-up and make something of it.  G-town should be returning a ton of talent.  Question is can they find that winning spirit. 

5.  Warren County-  Some new coaches

-  several returning starters and reserves

Key:  Is a new OC and a number of returning starters enough to prop WC into the top 4 spots for the play-offs.

6.  Cookeville-  2nd year staff

-  several returning starters and reserves

Key:  Can the current staff and what should be a number of returning players take them to the next level.  There is a buzz on the plateau that they can reach the play-offs.

7.  Wilson Central-  New Staff

-  Strong line returning and QB experience

Key:  Can the new staff put together enough wins with several missing pieces?

13 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I came across the complete game film from the Ensworth scrimmage. The varsity portion ended 20-14 in favor of Ensworth. Mount Juliet came out flat and was embarrassed 20-0 before they got things going. Overall MJ has got to get these kinks worked out on offense. The play calling is all over the place, they don’t seem to have an identity yet, the Oline is very suspect, Travers was running around for his life it seemed. Our defense is good but once again seems to give up the occasional big play.. special teams is solid per usual. Let’s keep in mind Ensworth has 5-6 D1 offers on their team and will be much better than they were last year. The week prior they beat Cane Ridge 30-0 if that tells you anything.

Are your initials MC?

With the preseason over with, I think the region favorite is Mount Juliet. Gallatin lost to Clarksville, who I think is a decent team. Green Hill was embarrassed by FRA who is nothing special. Central had a surprising victory over Smyrna, and Mount Juliet lost 20-14 against Ensworth. Anyone care to update on Lebanon, Cookeville or Warren Co?

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS