Bearden’s first 3 games

Dawgz4life

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I'm perfectly fine leaving my statement the way it is. Too many coaches look for the easy way out. You get better by challenging yourself, not just true in football but everything 

The last time Sequoyah won a game was 09/21/2018.    Do you think if they could have scheduled their non-region games this year against Oakland, Maryville, Greeneville and Alcoa that they might be able to make the playoffs for the first time since 2017?     I know this is purely hypothetical, but just want to get your thoughts.     BTW, I'm supposed to be in mid TN later this fall, hoping it works out to catch an Oakland game.

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

The last time Sequoyah won a game was 09/21/2018.    Do you think if they could have scheduled their non-region games this year against Oakland, Maryville, Greeneville and Alcoa that they might be able to make the playoffs for the first time since 2017?     I know this is purely hypothetical, but just want to get your thoughts.     BTW, I'm supposed to be in mid TN later this fall, hoping it works out to catch an Oakland game.

Challenging yourself is different for every program. For Oakland, that's playing a nationally ranked team like Center Grove. For Sequoyah, it's probably facing a team that wins 5-6 games every year. What I'm railing against is teams that are top 10 in their class putting together schedules that win 9-10 games in the regular season yet get exposed in the playoffs. 

Oakland doesn't have alot of great home games this year. Week 1 against Independence should be decent, but Week 11 against Riverdale I would definitely recommend 

On 7/15/2023 at 5:39 PM, Dawgz4life said:

Well, both teams have been talking all off-season, just like last season. West and Bearden have the chance to become a very good rivalry. Of course, most if not all of the players on Bearden and West have known each other for years. It's still a very hostile game, even though it’s just been very one-sided for many years now. Both teams have strong dislikes for each other, but that’s a different story. It was a very competitive game last year, and despite the score, it was a lot closer than it looks, but this season both teams have lost key players but are also returning multiple key players, and the quarterback battle at West I don’t believe it’s been decided yet who is going to be the quarterback over there, but it should be a competitive matchup. I just think we will outcompete, so if I had to give a final prediction score, it would probably be 30 to 37. Like I said, it’s going to be a very close matchup.

I agree to an extent. I think Bearden is poised to have another great year with lots of young talent taking another step forward, but I think West is still slightly ahead especially with a strong rising senior class that were huge contributers to last years perfect season partcularly on the defensive side. Offensively - West has a lot to replace but they have a lot of solid young kids that are hungry and ready to make a name for themselves - I also think West has a great shot at another 5A title, not undefeated by any stretch, but definitely in the conversation come November - May the best team win.

Interesting enough about the rivalry - Since 1999 West leads the series 14 to 8 including winning the last 4 straight, prior to that Bearden won 2 straight....its definitely been a fierce rivalry of winning streaks and I hope it continues to be played yearly no matter where the programs are.

Go Rebels!

On 7/14/2023 at 11:35 AM, Dawgz4life said:

Week 1 Saturday @ defending 5A state champs West

Week 2 @ defending 3A state champs Alcoa

Week 3 VS defending 4A State champs Anderson County

I can definitely see us going 2-1 and losing to Alcoa, but I can also see us going 0-3. But it is very clear Jones has high hopes for this team, as you can just tell by looking at the first three games.

3A Champs 4A Champs and 5A Champs. That's a recipe for disaster. But on the other hand Bearden is loaded. They probably get 3 totally different types of offence and defense which should help them grow and at the same time help the champs prepare. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

3A Champs 4A Champs and 5A Champs. That's a recipe for disaster. But on the other hand Bearden is loaded. They probably get 3 totally different types of offence and defense which should help them grow and at the same time help the champs prepare. 

Also a good way to be battle tested before they enter region play. 2-6A is going to be tough so they need to be challenged 

• Like 1

Can’t believe there hasn’t been more discussion on here. Went out to checkout the BullFrogs and the Irish last night and boy was it hot. BullFrogs looked pretty good even though they were apparently missing several started due to “injuries”. Any word on those injuries and how serious they are? I was thinking it was related to some of the players “sticky fingers” Nerf guns incident at the Walmart last week. Another question from last night, how many staff members do the BullFrogs have? It looked like an army of staff and then a bunch of dads also on the sidelines. 

Seems like this Bearden thing is getting out of hand with an inexperienced head coach who is letting the “inmates run the asylum”. I wonder how the “real” Bearden kids and their parents that have grown up there feel about the sudden influx of players that have moved up the depth chart? I can’t imagine the folks in West Knoxville will allow this to go on forever. This season should be an interesting one to follow for the BullFrogs and Coach Jones. I for one am praying they do another weekly YouTube series so we can count how many times they have to bleep out the players when they are filming. 

Seem that Coach Jones missed an opportunity by not going to a private school where one would think his antics would be better received. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FootballFan888 said:

Can’t believe there hasn’t been more discussion on here. Went out to checkout the BullFrogs and the Irish last night and boy was it hot. BullFrogs looked pretty good even though they were apparently missing several started due to “injuries”. Any word on those injuries and how serious they are? I was thinking it was related to some of the players “sticky fingers” Nerf guns incident at the Walmart last week. Another question from last night, how many staff members do the BullFrogs have? It looked like an army of staff and then a bunch of dads also on the sidelines. 

Seems like this Bearden thing is getting out of hand with an inexperienced head coach who is letting the “inmates run the asylum”. I wonder how the “real” Bearden kids and their parents that have grown up there feel about the sudden influx of players that have moved up the depth chart? I can’t imagine the folks in West Knoxville will allow this to go on forever. This season should be an interesting one to follow for the BullFrogs and Coach Jones. I for one am praying they do another weekly YouTube series so we can count how many times they have to bleep out the players when they are filming. 

Seem that Coach Jones missed an opportunity by not going to a private school where one would think his antics would be better received. 

How to spot a troll account 1.0: They come up with Bs

5 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

No troll, everything I stated is factual and also legitimate questions that I think a lot of people have but are afraid to ask. 

Obviously not going to get any answers from you, so I’ll keep searching. 

What do you want an answer to? Why were there so many people over there on our side? Because it’s a scrimmage. Parents were allowed to sit over there, and brothers in Tennessee players came out to watch not on the turf but on the track (like its been the last 14 years), and yes, we had a lot of players injured because of turf toe, cramps, and other injuries, so did Catholic? What conspiracy theory do you have for that?

• Upvote 1